MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

SPICE (on Kickstarter right now!)
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Author SPICE (on Kickstarter right now!)
plankton
KICKSTARTER LINK: http://bit.ly/2TCJB8q

SPICE is a saturator unit capable of a huge variety of sounds and colors. From a subtle high frequency enchance to a hardcore fuzz with feedback.

Standalone and eurorack.

6 main functions: 1. Pre filter with high and low pass filters; 2. Digital section with bit distortion and sample rate reduction; 3. Analog section with 7 analog circuits + a 3 state variable filter with resonance; 4. Mixer with dry / wet controls; 5. Envelope follower; 6. Feedback section with 3 independent feedback chanels.

Use of a Nu-tube in 2 of the analog circuits.

All the functions (minus the feedback section) are accessible independently from each other via de I/O section.

8 CV inputs. All the 8 parameters have a led to show the current state (the Bit Rate part has a 7 segment display). This way you can hear and see how the voltages are affeting the different functions.

Available soon via Kickstarter. Demos to come, stay tunned!

UPDATE 26/02/19:

Some demos:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1VrYE-9yi0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8Aw8EA1nkY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQKfxtl3YoE

sempervirent
Looks great aesthetically, I can see the potential. Looking forward to demos.

Sent a PM with some layout feedback.
cackland
Looks like a great sequence of modulation. Assuming this is a 4ms Pods enclosure?
oudplayer
For the digital section, is the bit rate stepped (i.e. 9, 8, 7 bits) both for the rotary control and the cv input jack? fractional bit depths often produce interesting aesthetic outputs.... thanks! looks like an interesting module.
joey
very interesting! curious about the kickstarter
plankton
Updated with some youtube demos. We launch very soon!

Quote:
Assuming this is a 4ms Pods enclosure?

No. This is a Plankton Electronics enclosure. It's made for SPICE.

Quote:
For the digital section, is the bit rate stepped (i.e. 9, 8, 7 bits) both for the rotary control and the cv input jack? fractional bit depths often produce interesting aesthetic outputs....

Yes, it's stepped. From 1 to 12 bits. Depending on how the Kickstarter campaign goes we will add bitshift capabilities to it.
2disbetter
cackland wrote:
Looks like a great sequence of modulation. Assuming this is a 4ms Pods enclosure?

4ms Pods have about a 1U space above the 3U enclosure area where the electronics for power and such are housed.
snowday
this thing looks sick! do you have any thoughts on the price yet?
HZR
The case looks very similar to the 0-Coast one, this is great!
plankton
We're on Kickstarter!

http://bit.ly/2TCJB8q
cackland
plankton wrote:
We're on Kickstarter!

http://bit.ly/2TCJB8q

Pledged. smile
Looks nice. Looks even nicer with the silver panels!
cackland
Bump. Just under a quarter so far.
ben_hex
If you back the desktop version can you unscrew the panel and still mount that in eurorack?
behndy
does look interestinnnnnng. but. oof. not a fan of Kickstarter. been burrrrrrrned before.

plan on making it available after the KS run?
nolongerhuman
behndy wrote:
does look interestinnnnnng. but. oof. not a fan of Kickstarter. been burrrrrrrned before.

I’m in the same boat, I’d love to grab one as well as the filter... but Kickstarter is a no go for me.
nangu
In my experience, getting burned by established companies on Kickstarter is pretty rare, unless “getting burned” includes somebody blowing their deadline but still eventually delivering the product.

Risk is a lot higher if you’re talking about a totally new outfit that has nothing but good ideas and CG renders. But when dealing with somebody like Plankton who has actually made stuff before and shows videos of a working prototype, risk seems like it would be pretty minimal.
behndy
jia. my bad. i guess BURNED is a bit far. i've been lucky enough to not get stuck where i neverrrrrrr get what i paid for.

but. i haven't had any that went at least 2 months over, most at least 6 months, and the ones that went way longer than quoted, it was more a lack of communications and updates than the extra time.

annnnnnnd the two i'm thinking of where larger companies.

not talking the poo about Plankton at all, they seem to know their STUFF. i'm just more comfortable buying an available product than funding a project at this point.
plankton
Quote:

Pledged. smile

Thanks! smile

Quote:
If you back the desktop version can you unscrew the panel and still mount that in eurorack?

Yes you can. The desktop version is the same than the euro one, just with the case. You just need to unscrew and assemble it like any euro module.

Quote:

no worries. Feel free to buy it after. Of course we will continue selling it, like with the Ants synth. This is our second KS campaign. We are an established company, there is no sense to not to deliver the rewards to the backers. We have many plans for the future!

Just do what you consider the better.
cackland
So I’ve backed the 3 individual modules, and wondering if I were to include backing the standalone unit, what kind of crossover there would be?
jsco
i hope this gets funded! i am in for the three modules kit. envf and nutone have been on my wishlist since i first saw them.
plankton
cackland wrote:
So I’ve backed the 3 individual modules, and wondering if I were to include backing the standalone unit, what kind of crossover there would be?

I'm not sure what you mean with "kind of crossover".
plankton
jsco wrote:
i hope this gets funded! i am in for the three modules kit. envf and nutone have been on my wishlist since i first saw them.

thx! smile
nangu
plankton wrote:
cackland wrote:

I'm not sure what you mean with "kind of crossover".

Sounds like crossover = redundancy. If we buy all 3 modules, does that cover all the functionality of the big one, or does the big one still have some extra features?

What’s the power supply like on the desktop unit? If we decide to rack up the big Spice and then use the desktop case for other modules, what would we be able to do with it? Also, what’s the case depth? Thanks!
cackland
Yes, crossover meaning similar functionality of the desktop unit
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Page 1 of 3