MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Do the VST sound nicer than analogue with high sample rate?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author Do the VST sound nicer than analogue with high sample rate?
PoopMonster666
Do they? The VST
Joe.
Dead Banana
vromr
hmmm.....
shreddoggie
Yes they do. Much much better. All VST vs all analog.
Guinness ftw!
sduck
Wow. Dead Banana Dead Banana Dead Banana
estin
Better get my burning banana in before the lock

Dead Banana
Tunatoboggan
If you're planning on recording synths at high sample rates to pitch shift, time stretch, or do any other sort of creative process for sound design purposes, there is no comparison. VSTs are better 100% of the time. They're not as fun to work with, but respond so much better for processing later on.

If there's a LPF anywhere in the signal path of an analog synth, even if it's full open, you'll notice that the only thing above 20KHz in your recording is just noise. Many hardware digital synths (including modular) have internal sample rates which clock out at 48KHz, VSTs sync to the host and are usually unrestricted.

I wish it weren't true, but the audio quality of VSTs will always be higher. Every jack, cable, preamp, and converter adds noise and distortion that gets magnified during typical sound design sessions.
PoopMonster666
estin wrote:

Dead Banana

What is the burning banana mean?
shreddoggie
PoopMonster666 wrote:
estin wrote:

Dead Banana

What is the burning banana mean?

"George Michael was thinking about burning down the banana stand because he had been embezzling bananas. His dad went to stop him, but then agreed they should burn it down to spite their grandfather. Later they found out there was $250,000 in its walls."
suboptimal
I only find VSTs superior when run on a hard drive mounted in carbon-aligned, deresonanced teak. It's essential that the VSTs be operated using a gold-plated (note: NOT solid gold, the body MUST be titanium) trackball mouse with a sold uranium ball.
chvad
Dead Banana
NoLegs
Dead Banana
???
suboptimal wrote:
I only find VSTs superior when run on a hard drive mounted in carbon-aligned, deresonanced teak. It's essential that the VSTs be operated using a gold-plated (note: NOT solid gold, the body MUST be titanium) trackball mouse with a sold uranium ball.

we're not worthy we're not worthy we're not worthy

Bananallama!
tehyar
I love the smell of burnana in the morning.

Dead Banana
Fallen_lassen
Pm-ed for meths
lisa
BailyDread
i find VSTs sound better if i wear my special plugin DSP processing H.A.T. (high-resolution artificial tonalizer)

pretty rare tho... gl finding one seriously, i just don't get it
Zymos
This thread is just straight up trolling. meh
euromorcego
Are we not all analogue? I think so, and that is why we all sound nicer ...

[/moment of zen]
tehyar
euromorcego wrote:
Are we not all analogue? I think so, and that is why we all sound nicer ...

[/moment of zen]

Until we're processed via the internet. That digital conversion seems to add quite a lot of harshness.
colb
PoopMonster666 wrote:
Do they? The VST

Do you mean in the same way a fresh brew and rich tea biscuit with your great aunt is nicer than a Friday night out on the lash with your mates?
beatcleaver
The analogue VSTs sound way better.
boxxgrooved
Why not compare them yourself? Unless you happen to be someone on Muff's without a single analogue synth
Futuresound
Analog 4eva!!!11!1!1!1!!1
Futuresound
Digital rooooolz \w/
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2