MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Transistor Superladder is back
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Oakley Sound Systems  
Author Transistor Superladder is back
Synthbuilder
Due to several requests I have decided to re-release the Transistor Superladder PCB. This is issue 3.1 and differs only in a few things from the last issue 3 board. The board slightly less deep at 102 mm and the single turn trimmers are now the popular Bourns 3386F or equivalents.

Tony
donpachi
I would order a board this instant if I didn't already have the module. It's that great and my favourite four-pole filter !
jules
Same thing here: my favorite filter...

The one you start with.
The one you try even when you know you need a band pass and you know it's not a band pass.
The filter slope knob... You didn't know it existed. But the next day you wake up realising you can't live without it.

It should be marketed with a warning label: "causes severe cases of aural addiction"
johnstilton
I am really wowwed by the audio samples.

My current project-in-planning is a +/-12VDC platform though.

I read in your FAQ that this module can work on such a supply with some resistor value substitutions. If I purchase a PCB could a BOM with such component substitutions be made available?
Synthbuilder
johnstilton wrote:
I read in your FAQ that this module can work on such a supply with some resistor value substitutions. If I purchase a PCB could a BOM with such component substitutions be made available?

The current issue Superladder will not work from +/-12V as it is. It should be possible to make it work from +/-12V with just resistor value changes but I've not tried it.

If you're willing to give it a go I can certainly provide the resistor value changes you need to try it.

Personally, if you are building a project from scratch a +/-15V supply offers increased headroom especially since signal levels are +/-5V nominal.

Tony
Synthbuilder
I've already sent johnstilton the values that I think will make the TSL-3 behave itself on +/-12V. But if anyone else would like to give it a go this is what I think needs changing:

R14 22K
R66 560K
R11 510R
R50 220K
R44 180K
R20 330K
R37 560K
R1 8K2

Use the non-buffered build.

Tony
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Oakley Sound Systems  
Page 1 of 1