MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

ASV Panel template query
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Oakley Sound Systems  
Author ASV Panel template query
Pav
Hi Tony,

Just wondered if the blind hole reverse side elements of the ASV panel are there so I can keep the the little locking flanges of the 16mm pots ?

It is the first panel example i have seen use them.

Whilst it does not add vastly to the cost having them, I need to know i will
benefit from them

Ta
Synthbuilder
Pav wrote:
Just wondered if the blind hole reverse side elements of the ASV panel are there so I can keep the the little locking flanges of the 16mm pots ?

Yes, the blind holes are for the anti-rotation lugs on the pots. I'm not sure how essential they are but I feel more comfortable knowing that the pots won't be turning unnoticed under the panel when tightening the nuts.

Page 19 of the Builder's Guide shows a picture of the pot's lug snugly fitting into the blind hole.

Tony
Pav
Thanks
Pav
Hi Tony,

Whilst walking along a beach I recalled you had mentioned somewhere you had tried printing instead of engraving the ASV.

Thank the stars I had held off my panel order to Schaeffer. I checked and the template sourced from website is set to print not engrave.

[Aside for others: It is a saving of 26 euros ex tax from Schaeffer so not to be sniffed at. However I compared it with a Diode Super Ladder and the saving is a mere 4 euros. Im wanting to match it with existing modules.]

Q1)
Do you recall the settings you changed?
to me it looks like only Engraving Mode and Print White settings on the background panel need to be changed to move back to engraved but id like a second opinion.

Q2)
Description of Oscillator section says
"The pitch of VCO2 may also be offset from VCO 1 by the VCO2 Tune control. The range of this control covers just over one octave from unison at the 9 o'clock position to an octave above at around 3 o'clock."

Pot travel is usually @ 7 around to 5 - do I assume correctly there is a small fraction of an octave below and above ?

Q3) Possible over site in template.
The panel picture on the website shows a center line on 4 pots along the top row. Three have been removed in the template ..but TUNE still has one. As do the 2 PULSE WIDTH pots below.

Any technical reason to keep these lines ?
Synthbuilder
Pav wrote:
Do you recall the settings you changed?

I think it was just the 'print engravings' setting in the panel properties box.

Note that 4', 8' and 16' are a different typeface as the standard one doesn't do the ' symbol correctly.

Quote:
Pot travel is usually @ 7 around to 5 - do I assume correctly there is a small fraction of an octave below and above ?

Very much so. The octave sweep covers 180 degrees of pot travel starting from the 9 o'clock position. I got the idea from Moog's 'The Rogue' which was my first synthesiser.

Quote:
The panel picture on the website shows a center line on 4 pots along the top row.

The panel picture is a digitally generated render using pictures of real knobs, sockets and switches superimposed onto the Scheaffer output file. The larger real control knobs have a dot on the skirt. It's not clear on the render as the skirt merges with the black of the panel but the lines you see are the dots.

The only centre lines on the panel are for controls where the centre position means something, that is the tune (the centre is A = 440Hz), pulse width (the centre represents the square wave), the filter shape (the centre is the notch mode) and the EG sweep (the centre being no sweep).

Tony
Pav
thanks for quick response.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Oakley Sound Systems  
Page 1 of 1