MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

performer (or is it per|former?) sequencer build
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 20, 21, 22  Next [all]
Author performer (or is it per|former?) sequencer build
mxmxmx
d.simon wrote:
mxmxmx wrote:

i soldered the caps across the resistors anyways, so the cap sits in the direct feedback path.

sounds familiar...I did that on some older rev2c ornament+crime boards to bring them up to spec.

it's not really about "up to spec", more like i'm not sure the cap still does what it is supposed to do in this configuration. it probably doesn't matter much, idk; if it did matter much, i suppose people would have noticed by now.

(by rev2c the output stage, btw, had long assumed its present form (?), so it shouldn't sound familiar .. (well, it still had trim pots, but otherwise it was the same))
Altitude909
Here's mine. Im a little torn about the 301B jacks, they are tighter and have a smaller footprint but it really throws the whole height thing into chaos. The stereo ones are shorter (maybe its the Kobis, I didnt have the Qing Pu ones) so those need to "float" and the encoder kinda does too. I dont like pressing on the board like that unless its secure and as is, you'll be lucky to get one thread on. With the amount of jacks on this its a fairly big job even if you go with the "tight" 398S footprint without the hole..

I'm sure someone will, I dont like the buttons almost level with the panel look. Also, the LEDs in the BOM are pretty long and stick out a LOT (i used a 2mm panel and its too much). In hindsight, I wish I would have used some standoffs for those. The ones in the plaits bom would have been perfect
gbiz
That looks great Altitude909

I've got about one threads worth above the nut on the encoder (and that's with a washer), but only by barely having the encoder pins into the PCB. They needed soldering from the top to ensure they were well fastened. It's well fugly, but I'll take that over having the PCB flex.
Altitude909
I do the same thing as i do for all encoders like this: 2 nuts, one underneath, one on top.
Markthom
Just finished a couple of these at the weekend, one for me and one for a pal down in Yorkshire. It's a great module....

I would agree with some of the obervations folks have made, such as gBiz (I now need an acryllic screen cover Graeme!) and Altitude909 - there are certainly one or two things I would tweak if I build one in future such as LED standoff's, but still it's a great thing.....this is a fun wee one handed jam with it filmed last night, I'll try an develop it further as a track but it's nice as is - as an SDIY bonus it also uses gBiz's wonderful uDervish for the shimmer-y sound behind the melody;

PS I really like the fact that song mode means you arent limited to 64 step melodies, this one uses 128 steps and was relatively painless to put in to the module....

PPS The performance page is fabulous too!
djthopa
Wow some great looking builts here!

I just got the pcb for Michigan Synth Works.

Can i ask where did you get the panel done?

Did you have to convert the frontpanel.ai to any format to send it to frontpanel express?

Im going to see if Razorlab also does it, but im not sure if it willl take the file format.

edited: Razorlab will need a converted file.

Any one care to share their files?

Thanks

hmmm.....
iheartmodular
i can't find any

where are pcb/panel sets available please?
Markthom
iheartmodular wrote:
i can't find any

where are pcb/panel sets available please?

The gerbers are available for you to order your own, also watch out for people selling spares after doing that, as the min order is usually 5.

In Europe I know the Pusherman store is expecting some v soon, so keep an eye out for them, for US I'm not 100% sure, maybe Altitude909s Michigan Synthworks....
sduck
ZZ Ardoz had one or two extras as of a few days ago I think - look him up in the BST.

Here's a fpd file - it's kind of pricy, but maybe what you want if you can't find a cheaper option...
iheartmodular
lovely

thank you xx

This is fun!
djthopa
sduck wrote:
ZZ Ardoz had one or two extras as of a few days ago I think - look him up in the BST.

Here's a fpd file - it's kind of pricy, but maybe what you want if you can't find a cheaper option...

Thanks for sharing thumbs up

Edited: Yep, thats a nice panel!
Bartelby
My panel and pcb arrived today. It's going to be a while before I get around to building this. I have 6 other modules to build and a modular project of my own to complete first.
toneburst
waves to @Bartelby.
Virusinstaller
If anyone find a source for Aluminium panels that would be super handy.
I only have the black FR4. Which is still super nice though.
mqmq
Can this do polyphony over midi ?
Virusinstaller
I had someone ask me this today. But I'm really not sure either.
Must study the manual somemore.
mqmq
The manual says it can do polyphony over CV with the MIDI/CV interface but nothing about polyphony to MIDI hmmm.....
sirjpink
sduck wrote:

Thanks for sharing this! It looks absolutely fabulous in silver.

I hope SynthCube (or Pusherman) is able to put together a kit. Building stuff is fun, but I do not like the sourcing process. Dead Banana
Altitude909
sirjpink wrote:
sduck wrote:

Thanks for sharing this! It looks absolutely fabulous in silver.

I hope SynthCube (or Pusherman) is able to put together a kit. Building stuff is fun, but I do not like the sourcing process. Dead Banana

NC License, not going to happen unless Simon changes it
sduck
Arggh, got mine basically finished tonight but it's not working correctly. Buttons not working (all of them). Encoder working, but the button not working. Every time I start it, it goes to a different page before flaking out and locking up. Reflowing/debugging shall commence...
toneburst
Check IC orientation, first, I’d say.
Virusinstaller
sduck wrote:
Arggh, got mine basically finished tonight but it's not working correctly. Buttons not working (all of them). Encoder working, but the button not working. Every time I start it, it goes to a different page before flaking out and locking up. Reflowing/debugging shall commence...

Diode orientation correct? It might be as simple as that.
DozenCrows
PCBs and panels now up on Pusherman - https://pushermanproductions.com/product/westlicht-performer-sequencer  /

IIRC Simon mentioned on FB he was discussing this with Pusherman a little while back.
Altitude909
sduck wrote:

595s and the 165. tight pads on those, i had some rework to do there also.
toneburst
Altitude909 wrote:
595s and the 165. tight pads on those, i had some rework to do there also.

There are a Lot of tight pads. Ones for the MCU are pretty tiny, and those for the 0805 caps are practically impossible to solder with the specified parts. 0603 caps work fine here, though.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 20, 21, 22  Next [all]
Page 2 of 22