MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Eventide H3000 D/SE - Noise / Hissing on SOME patches
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear  
Author Eventide H3000 D/SE - Noise / Hissing on SOME patches
m:o
Hi all,

i did take the opportunity to get an H3000 D/SE in very good condition for a good price. I noticed while checking it at the sellers place no problems. At home while exploring, i discovered a very hi pitched noisefloor on some patches. I checked cables, input settings, upgraded to a full fledged H3500 with 3rd party rom`s, etc. - the noise is still there on rough 1/4 of all patches. Most are clean. What could this be? I scanned all gearslutzs discussions for easy fixes....there is less chance to have an easy fix.

Does any of you had this problem?
Who can fix this in (south) germany?

thanks!
m0rb1d
Check to see if it is a common algorithm giving you the problem. It sounds like a pitch shifting algo with a feedback setting that’s too high. Have you tried a factory reset of the presets?
m:o
m0rb1d wrote:
Check to see if it is a common algorithm giving you the problem. It sounds like a pitch shifting algo with a feedback setting that’s too high. Have you tried a factory reset of the presets?

Yes, did a factory reset in the beginning - a few times. No luck.
The noise is partially more left or right. Depends on the Algo.
Sometimes i can hear the noise with no input an while increase the input, the noise gets "digitally sucked" - lowers the amplitude depending on the input signal....weird
Jason Brock
How is it hooked up? Have you tried different cables? Note than the XLR connections on the H3000 have the hot pin reversed...they started making these before wiring conventions were standard.
https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=39903

Also, some algorithms are true stereo while others only use one input (left?). I use mine on the FX send of my mixer and I just run a mono signal split into both inputs.
DiscoComputer
Hello,
Just wondering - do the patches with noise use a delay or long reverb in their design? Perhaps there is a bad sector of ram and you might have a bad / corrupt memory sector that is in one of the last memory stages?
So when only some ram is used it’s okay but when all ram is used it gets to the bad sectors etc.

Is there a ‘ram’ test that can be done in software? (Might need to check service manual) good to rule out that the ram works okay and all pass tests
moogah
Is it one of the expanded d/sx versions? There is a "memory" board added in and in one that I had years ago this one introduced a bunch of noise and glitches in some of the algos.

EDIT: I don't read so good. I think d/se versions have the same board. You can open the case and unplug it fairly easily to test this.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear  
Page 1 of 1