MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

deluxe memory man/deluxe memory boy
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Guitars, Basses, Amps & FX  
Author deluxe memory man/deluxe memory boy
Johnisfaster
Which one do I want and why? the price of the deluxe memory boy is tempting. I can't really find a run down of the differences between these pedals.
dkcg
One's got a deeper voice and pubes.
MrBiggs
Are you considering the one with the Hazarai? I don't know what Hazarai actually is, but that's the Memory Man that I want.

I thought that having a Sound of Shadows would assuage my want for a Memory Man, but even it being a delay and all, it's a very different kind of thing.

But sorry, man, I'm not here to answer your actual question... waah
dkcg
Could be the chorus? I had a DMM that had chorus built in, I assume the Memory Boy doesn't?

I could have sworn I read somewhere the Harazai one is a digital delay while the MM are analog. seriously, i just don't get it
mr big
yeah the stereo memory man is digital. that has hazarai.
MrBiggs
Aaah. Did not realize the others were analog.

I still like the Hazarai.
Minimoog56
You want the analog bbd Memory man - stereo or deluxe, recent or vintage - now out of production...

Jon from Buchl has a recent issue used for$200. They are not in production b/c Mike at EH ran out of Panansonic BBD devices to load em with...

Hazari is yiddish for food you don't need to eat - gristle or fat... But tastes good!
dkcg
Did some of the older MM come with built in CV/pedal inputs?
I think I've seen some, but they may have been custom.
DanielW
Had a deluxe Memory Man - sold it. It needs a very low signal not to distort. If you want to use a Memory something with modular, the best choice would be Stereo Memory Man with Hazarai. Yes, it's digital, but that means it's a lot more fun, has a looper, backwards, longer delay times than MM.

Sold mine when I bought the MM, because I was thinking a bit backwards and didn't know about the signal issue.

Picking up my brand new Eventide today!
Minimoog56
very frustrating
Minimoog56
No CV inputs - it is just a great warm guitar pedal. The MMD has a gain knob - it is impossible to distort if the gain knob is set at 6 PM or less. If you want it to distort or feedback like crazy cool - you got that too. Sounds great. if you want a digital pedal so be it - but the pre sound of BBD analogue delay is far superior and natural IMHO. The memory lane II is another great analoge delay but twice+ the price. i have both.
dickwolf
i love Deluxe Memory Man but the Deluxe Memory Boy is pretty awesome too.

The DMM sounds perfect on the first repeat and with more repeats fades or swells in the best manner.
justin3am
Deluxe Memory Boy has CV input (the expression input takes 0-5v), a send return loop, can act as a chorus (kinda) and is analog. I don't have a Memory Man so I can't comment.

I love my Memory Boys ( I have a deluxe and an original). It's all sorts of fun sending Wogglebug CV to control the delay time. The tap tampo on the deluxe model is nice to have but I mostly use my digital delays for rhythmic stuff. Thee feedback on the Memory Boy is so sweet!
zapp550
I have the DMB and love it, the main draw for me was the CV in which is a blast.
PrimateSynthesis
dkcg wrote:
Did some of the older MM come with built in CV/pedal inputs?
I think I've seen some, but they may have been custom.

Not that I've ever seen....
PrimateSynthesis
justin3am wrote:
Deluxe Memory Boy has CV input (the expression input takes 0-5v), a send return loop, can act as a chorus (kinda) and is analog.!

The new delay pedals from EH that use BBD's use "low voltage" BBD's such as the MN3205.

The old pre-Sovtek Memory Man (and Electric Mistress) used "high-voltage" BBD's, such as the MN3005.

Imho, delays built with high-voltage BBD's sound way better than those built with low-voltage BBD's.
onrust nv
I've got me a big DMM (not XO) and a deluxe memoryboy. I think the sound of the DMM is better than the boy. But the boy does some weird stuff when connected to a CP-251 or the LFO out of my MF-102. But you only have to use simple LFO/S&H signals. The signals from the CV mixer of the CP-251 are useless for the deluxe memoryboy.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Guitars, Basses, Amps & FX  
Page 1 of 1