MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Varigate 4 for drum and bass, jungle drums
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Author Varigate 4 for drum and bass, jungle drums
Devi
Hi all.

I was looking for something like the mutable instruments grids to generate drum patterns. But I can't get good results for drum and bass, jungle orientated music. Do you think that the varigate will work better for this? Or something similar?

Thx nanners [/list]
DeepSeaDriver
Varigate would work better in that you can program the 4 outs entirely manually, so they trigger whatever beat you want, along with it's probability stuff. Grids is just moving through pre-made patterns.
I have a 4+ and I've had an 8. They're great for triggers, I've just always had trouble slaving/resetting them to another clock.
nectarios
Sorry about phone audio, it was my first video before I started recording, line in.

Varigate triggers the drums.

Virusinstaller
Best thing about the Varigate is the ratcheting/Random.
Programming for DnB should be pretty easy on a Varigate
Mr. Sound Boy King
nectarios wrote:
Sorry about phone audio, it was my first video before I started recording, line in.

^^^This is rad.
beatcleaver
nectarios wrote:

I like the "why isn't this playing" part!

I hate to sound so sycophantic but I have to say, the DPO part (it is the DPO right?) that comes in at 1:48 is a thing of beauty. we're not worthy
natureclubcassettes
nectarios wrote:

damn nectarios with the special sauce again. well done
GNSDG
natureclubcassettes wrote:
nectarios wrote:

damn nectarios with the special sauce again. well done

beautiful.
Transistor
nectarios wrote:

Dude, that’s awesome
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Page 1 of 1