MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Setting up modular system - weird issue *solved*
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Modular Synth General Discussion  
Author Setting up modular system - weird issue *solved*
mnchrme
Hey. I have the MDLR Case Performer Series 12U/104HP Pro case and I started putting together my modular system - https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/849246 - I putted in my Quad VCA and powered it, everything lit up so that was a good sign (red stripes etc. seriously, i just don't get it). The problem I am facing now though is that I placed in my Dual ADSR next and socketed it next to Quad VCA on my power bus but nothing lights up. When I took my Quad VCA out and powered the case Dual ADSR lit up. Is this some weird mojo or what's happening? Am I missing something?

Solution: It was a faulty module cable that shipped with the module. Everything is working fine. I have noticed that when shifting placements of the modules that the upper power bus did not output +12V.

Well I guess you learn everyday.
Agawell
I would check that the red stripe actually matches -12v on both the module and the busboard for the dual adsr

If that doesn't work take everything else out of the case and try just the adsr

If that still doesn't work contact the manufacturer/retailer as appropriate

if that works add one module at a time and test

another possible problem is that you are over the power limit of the psu or that there is an onset power surge

if you got the meanwell psu then you may have an issue with -12v (it's rated at 500mA for each psu) and your modulargrid it over 1000 - best to be at 80-90%
mnchrme
Agawell wrote:
I would check that the red stripe actually matches -12v on both the module and the busboard for the dual adsr

If that doesn't work take everything else out of the case and try just the adsr

If that still doesn't work contact the manufacturer/retailer as appropriate

if that works add one module at a time and test

another possible problem is that you are over the power limit of the psu or that there is an onset power surge

if you got the meanwell psu then you may have an issue with -12v (it's rated at 500mA for each psu) and your modulargrid it over 1000 - best to be at 80-90%

Good point. I double check every connection to avoid any problems that could cause a bad red stripe placement. It was a faulty cable because when I have replaced the cable on my Quad VCA everything started "lighting up" properly. Including Shapeshifter etc. I go by one module at a time, on/off etc. As to the power supply manner - there is a different power supply from Konstant Lab which should be able to provide me enough juice I hope!

Thank you!
sir stony
Agawell wrote:

I wonder where you got that 500mA info? Looking at the mdlr site, it says 2x (!) Meanwell GSM 60W supply (external), and 1200mA on the negative 12V rail for each, while the rack in modular grid is counting all four rows of course... so the whole rack would be at just under 50% of the rated power.
mnchrme
sir stony wrote:
Agawell wrote:

I wonder where you got that 500mA info? Looking at the mdlr site, it says 2x (!) Meanwell GSM 60W supply (external), and 1200mA on the negative 12V rail for each, while the rack in modular grid is counting all four rows of course... so the whole rack would be at just under 50% of the rated power.

Good to know! The external power supply from Konstant Lab runs at 45W x 2 (one for each 6U). It is listed on the site as well. Eventually when everything alligned and started working ~ I started patching and ended up at like 4 PM (started at 8 PM the other day meh) with a huge sleep deficit. I am hooked. Now I just wonder, how to patch something good out of it. SlayerBadger! we're not worthy
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Modular Synth General Discussion  
Page 1 of 1