MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Got my first eurorack module in the mail today, finally.....
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Author Got my first eurorack module in the mail today, finally.....
m33pz0r
Only took about 4 months for it to arrive, let’s see if it was worth the wait, any recommendations for other modules that pair well with it?

Cybananna
Probably anything pairs well with that. That’s a deep one to start with.
Sir Ruff
...and you thought this was a thread-worthy announcement? seriously, i just don't get it
Phitar
Sir Ruff wrote:
...and you thought this was a thread-worthy announcement? seriously, i just don't get it

Yes they probably did...
And after waiting for 4 months for it and it being the FIRST module it's kind of understandable. nodnod

Congrats m33pz0r! applause

I would start with a rack and a power supply! Then something that doesn't take another 4 months to arrive.
TemplarK
Something to bump up your non-modular equipment to modular levels.

I say Expert Sleepers ES3 so you can run audio from your DAW into it
easily.
lisa
Pair it with a sound source, a VCA and some envelope so that you can send it short bleeps. Also pair it with a bunch of LFOs/random CV outputs. You’ll be able to make full albums with loads of variation based on such a setup. thumbs up
cackland
I don't see anything wrong with a wiggler documenting their modular journey. Welcome, glad you finally got your first module.

Great advice from Lisa. smile
Sir Ruff
cackland wrote:
I don't see anything wrong with a wiggler documenting their modular journey. Welcome, glad you finally got your first module.

Great advice from Lisa. smile

It's fine, my issue was mainly that it was in the wrong sub-forum smile
diller
Sir Ruff wrote:

At least he is not selling a bike hihi
Sir Ruff
diller wrote:
Sir Ruff wrote:

At least he is not selling a bike hihi

lol
moosey2juicy
Wow that's a serious first module. Just watched a couple of videos on it and it looks awesome. I would definitely get an oscillator or two.

What kind of case are you putting it in?
m33pz0r
Wow thanks everyone, seriously great advice Lisa and Templark, the LFO thing I had not thought, right now my sound source is simply whatever I am routing to the inputs, I have a Mother 32 and some other synths to run through plus a few drum machines as well.This is the module I was wanting to start with and I figured if I am gonna take the dive in eurorack I might as well dive head first into the deep end smile The Rain Maker is great, I love it, I have played some guitar into it and dear lord the amount of repeating textures/rhythmic melodies you can have flowing sounds awesome. Maybe I will share a video trying out different sound sources with it, I don't think there is a video out there for that pertaining to the Rain Maker. Oh, and here is a picture of it haha, I just hollowed out an old radio I had lying around and fit it into there snug.
m33pz0r
Sorry, here is the picture. One more thing, I did find this worthy of posting for a few reasons, I have not seen much talk around the Rain Maker, I also waited a hell of a longtime to get one as well. I have been a member for a little while but rarely have had the guts to post anything but I figured, what could it hurt?

m33pz0r
Also, I have this on the way for a mounted sound source, I should be getting the Mescaline as well within a few months from Folktek so that will be a good sound source as well.

liquidsn
great case you have there!
cackland
Custom briefcase?
grep
You need a Shapeshifter. And modulation, lots of modulation.
Multiverse_Eros
I love mine to bits, pair it with literally anything. I use it with my guitar every now and then and it sounds great.
m33pz0r
Thanks for all the input everyone and I might order that ShapeShifter tonight Grep, that looks about perfect for what I am wanting, been having a hard time making up my mind on certain modules and knowing which ones I will heavily benefit from versus straight up utility modules to boutique The base actually is not a custom briefcase its an old radio I had laying around that I hollowed out, luckily it fit perfectly, next case will be bigger and hold more, I am think of ordering a rugged case and just using the two halves and turn them into euroracks, one geared towards beats and rhythm while the other is more for ambient textures and noise. Does anyone here have experience with the Circadian Rhythms? I was thinking that might be a fun module and to pair with the Rain Maker could be cool.
BlinkyLights
Congratulations.

I've been looking at those.
joppa
that's deep watched vid on it sounds amazing
good luck an fun on your modular adventures
joppa
I love delay its my fave
how you finding the filters on that beast
iv got few delays not that they match that deep module
jmax313
I loved mine, youll have a lot of fun! Wish i had the space to keep it, but being limited to 208hp, I needed other modules instead. Enjoy!!
PietroC
Congratulations

Great Module to start with

Looking forward to watch Your Rainmaker video/'s
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Page 1 of 1