MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

PO -33 alternatives
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear  
Author PO -33 alternatives
wahee
hi

I have a little Teenage Engineering OP-33 pocket operator. It's really fun and quite powerful. I find the sample quality a bit low and buzzy for my taste. I know that's part of the charm, it's just a bit noisy when I take the output into my DAW for finishing.

Is there a better device that has similar or better sampling facilities and the the ability to sequence the samples, in the same way as the pocket operator. I'm new to hardware sequencers and these kind of devices, having previously only used a DAW

Many thanks Guinness ftw!
kineticturtle
I think Electribe's older sampler-oriented grooveboxes like the ESX-1 are probably the only decent option between the PO-33 and the Ocatrack! The SP-404 series have some kinda limited sequencing ability.

I also totally love the PO-33, but I'm also into the buzziness and whack sound quality. :)
DeanG
Microgranny. Roland aira Scooper.
Bath House
Volca Sample
Shledge
Volca Sample doesn't.... sample.
nrrrd
Look on eBay for an Akai MPC 500. They're pretty widely available, cheap and (can be) battery powered.
wahee
thanks very much everyone for this. I have some homework to do. I think the MPC 500 might be a good option . I was hoping the electribe was something to look at but will check out the suggestions
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear  
Page 1 of 1