MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

3D-printed Arduino-powered Eurorack clock divider in 4HP
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY  
Author 3D-printed Arduino-powered Eurorack clock divider in 4HP
joeSeggiola
I made an Arduino-powered clock divider in 4HP, using a 3D-printed faceplate. The idea for a compact layout came from the 4ms RCD, but I wanted to have a different arrangement of divisions, a manual reset button for "restarting" my patches, and gate-mode option accessible from the panel. I thought it would be nice to share here.

Code and files

https://github.com/joeSeggiola/arduino-eurorack-projects/tree/master/c lock-divider

Features

- Divides incoming clock signal by 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 8, 16, 32 (configurable in code).
- Reset as trigger or manual button.
- Down-beat counting.
- Trigger mode: duration of incoming pulses is preserved on outputs.
- Gate-mode: duration of the output pulses is 50% of divided tempo, enabled by long-pressing the manual reset button.

Pics of my build

mattip
Interesting! What is the overlay on the 3d-printed panel with text?
joeSeggiola
mattip wrote:
Interesting! What is the overlay on the 3d-printed panel with text?

Thanks. It's simply a sheet of adhesive paper, printed with a standard office printer, cut and punched. I couldn't think of anything better, but the end result is not that bad, given nuts and washers will cover imperfections. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated smile
mattip
I am having trouble printing good looking text on 3d-printed panels. Right now I print relief text and paint the text white. Does not look good. Do you use varnish over the paper?
joeSeggiola
mattip wrote:
Right now I print relief text and paint the text white.

Unfortunately the resolution of the printer I'm using is not enough to have legible text :( Otherwise, this whould be a good idea.

mattip wrote:
Do you use varnish over the paper?

Varnish or adhesive film (the type normally used to cover books), I don't remember which one is in that photo. Both decent, at least you don't risk wearing out the paper.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY  
Page 1 of 1