MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Blacet Midi-CV (hopefully) coming soon
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Fractional Rack Modules Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author Blacet Midi-CV (hopefully) coming soon
BugBrand
This was just posted on the SDIY list by Mr.Blacet:::

Quote:
I'm hoping to have a basic MIDI-CV module out in a few weeks. It will be
12 bit, so quite useful. 1.5" wide module and inexpensive.

If so ----- whooooo-hooooo!
Kwote
Exactly what i've been waiting for. Can’t wait to find out more details!
Kwote
BugBrand wrote:

Quote:

Oh just realized I should ask, could you direct me to this list he posted at? I don’t think I’m subscribed. Thanks.
Roycie Roller
Kwote wrote:
BugBrand wrote:

Quote:

Oh just realized I should ask, could you direct me to this list he posted at? I don’t think I’m subscribed. Thanks.

Hey Kwote, in case Bug doesn't come back for a while, here's the link (to what i'm pretty sure is the list he's referring to)-

http://dropmix.xs4all.nl/rick/Emusic/Synth-diy/

I'd recommend taking the digest mode when you sign up though- i was there for two days and got 50 emails a day...it did my head in & i pulled out! I've been meaning to sign back in on the digest, though. You can also trawl through the posts without signing up.
BugBrand
Yup, that's it.
(there's also online archives - http://dropmix.xs4all.nl/mailman/listinfo/synth-diy)

I just set up a filter in my mail program to shove them all into one folder because, yes, you get a lot!
Kwote
cool. i'll just go through the archives and see if it strikes me worth joining.

thanks.
johnnymad
that's great! and it only takes up one space. w00t
scozbor
very exciting.
I wonder how it compares in functionality to kenton pro-solo.
It would be good to have it in the rack instead of on the desk...

(hmmm. why not mount the pro-solo behind a panel? lol )
nathankirchner
It out performs the kenton pro-solo
parasitk
nathankirchner wrote:
It out performs the kenton pro-solo

sweet
nathankirchner
It's a very different unit - the kenton seems to be designed to be something for everyone.

So, to be honest, in some regards the Blacet could be considered to be lesser spec'd (no Hz/Oct for instance).

But then the Blacet has some nice features (some really nice features) that the Kenton doesn't have and it specifically designed to work with other Blacet stuff. The Blacet will be cheaper too I suspect and it will fit in your rack!

If you were thinking about getting a Midi-->CV wait to see the Blacet first!!!
BugBrand
Hey Nathan - if you don't mind me asking - how do you know so much?!

(perhaps it is on the Blacet mailing list? -- I just signed up..)
nathankirchner
I made it
BugBrand
Respect due then!

(I just searched your posts to find more info - out of interest - and discovered you worked on the HexZone too - so, scratch that respect and make it much respect!)
Kwote
how many voices can it control at one time? i'm lookin to do some polyphony.
BugBrand
Front panel pic is now up on the Blacet frontpage with the description:::

Compact, accurate MIDI to CV Gate and Sequencer control converter.

Coming very soon!

Oooh Oooh Oooh!
Kwote
wtf? i was just on there and i didn't see it. must've just posted.

well that's cool! although i can't tell from the panel if it's everything i need. looking forward to a manual. plus it'll be pretty interesting building something with a midi input!
nathankirchner
Ok - so it seems the Midiverter is now in the public domain.

Questions?
Cybananna
looks like it will transfer MIDI clock from a midi device to sync with modular sequencer clock (Hex Zone)? So, for example, I could sync my hex zone to my MPC2500's clock? hyper
nathankirchner
Cybananna wrote:
looks like it will transfer MIDI clock from a midi device to sync with modular sequencer clock (Hex Zone)?

Yep - it will take MIDI clock and turn it into a one pulse per sixteenth clock - the kind of thing the HexZone expects.

There is also a reset, which will give a pulse when playing from stop (as apposed to continue/pause).

And there is a sequencer gate. This goes high when a playing and low when stopped/paused.

The clocking is designed to feed into the HZ or you could feed it into a frequency divider and the a slewer so that you can make clock synced LFO's.
GCF
Are there any cables that go directly from this to the HZ behind the panel? As in, they are normally connected until you insert a cable into the jack.
nathankirchner
GCF wrote:
Are there any cables that go directly from this to the HZ behind the panel? As in, they are normally connected until you insert a cable into the jack.

No. the HZ uses switch jacks on the front of the panel to determine what state to expect the inputs (so you don't have to manually set it to external sync, etc). This makes using the HZ a little more friendly, but unfortunately means that internal connections are not possible. (Unless you want to modify the boards)
tragedybysyntax
HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM. This could be the reason to sell my doepfer mcv4!!!! I could hook my bent alesis hr-16 into this and i'd be fucking golden. Ramrod Ramrod Ramrod! we're not worthy
GCF
A list of questions from someone who does not have a Midi-CV module:

Is the CC defaulted to the mod-wheel of a midi-keyboard?
What type of signal does the velocity output? And the pitchbend?
Is pitchbend from a keyboard also outputted by the note-CV? As in, does the note-CV only output exact notes, leaving the pitchbend CV to output variations?

I'm sure I will think of more. I guess this also means I will have to pick up another frac rack. Oh well, it will be room to also put in a HZ.
Kwote
already posted on the first page but, is it capable of polyphony and if so how many voices can it control?

if not would i be able to chain multiple midiverter's in order to realize polyphony?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Fractional Rack Modules Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2