MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

PARATEK - from Russia with love :)
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next [all]
Author PARATEK - from Russia with love :)
ludotex
Yeah nice!
Blinkenlights are parts of the eurorack ecosystem Rockin' Banana!
I like the LEDs one, that green things looks cool as well.
Rod Serling Fan Club
Great aesthetic! I’m a big fan of using nixies, dekatrons, etc. in my own DIY stuff.
MARK27
I don't understand people calling these out as useless. The great thing about modular is that you can build your own thing, to your own specifications (more or less).

Some people are only interested in the audio aspects of eurorack, while others (like me), are equally inspired by the notion of building the synthesizer of which I always dreamt, but never existed. Maybe mine is all black and has meters that I use for visual feedback or even just eye candy. Maybe yours looks like a random lego frankensynth that also employs audio processors that I would never use and to me, would be "useless."

I just don't get why people bother spending their time with negative posts. If it doesn't inspire you, don't buy it, end of story. Why spend the time unless you honestly think someone is trying to rip people off?

Another thing to note, Happy Nerding put out some LED "blinkenlights" modules that are almost identical to these and no one called out his simple LED meters as "useless."

Hmm... hmmm.....
Alexander Kuznetsov
MARK27
Why are you so worried? I just expressed my point of view. Is it forbidden here?
Personally, I do not understand why there are so many puppy enthusiasts in this regard.
Dedal
In fact, everything is simple!) We are familiar with Alexander and are enemies due to his extremely inappropriate behavior in the Russian modular community "Modular church", so he does not calm down and even come here to say something bad. Оust ignore him and he'll be gone. wink

MARK27 wrote:

I just don't get why people bother spending their time with negative posts. If it doesn't inspire you, don't buy it, end of story. Why spend the time unless you honestly think someone is trying to rip people off?
Hmm... hmmm.....
windspirit
Absolutely love the demo videos. Have you considered making a vector oscilloscope using some of the tiny CRT tubes for old oscilloscopes? They are a bit deep but I think you can really only find them in Russia.
Alexander Kuznetsov
[quote="Dedal"]In fact, everything is simple!) We are familiar with Alexander and are enemies due to his extremely inappropriate behavior in the Russian modular community "Modular church", so he does not calm down and even come here to say something bad. Оust ignore him and he'll be gone. wink

Do you really think that is so important to me? Damn high arrogance! Alexey, extremely inappropriate behavior has always been on your part. wink But I see you are pretty polite here. Even somehow strange. Ok. I will not interfere with your business. And by the way, I've been here for quite some time, unlike you.
Dedal
windspirit wrote:
Absolutely love the demo videos. Have you considered making a vector oscilloscope using some of the tiny CRT tubes for old oscilloscopes? They are a bit deep but I think you can really only find them in Russia.
Thanks a lot!)) You know i was wondering for that things, but they extremely long, so I abandoned this idea(
for now I'm thinking how to simulate this lamp with a high-precision display and filters, but it will be a more complex unit, something like otools+... well, while it is at the idea stage smile
DSC
Curious to what parts you use that can only be found in Russia? You probably have lots to choose from! I'm jealous of that!
Dedal
DSC wrote:
Curious to what parts you use that can only be found in Russia? You probably have lots to choose from! I'm jealous of that!

I think today nixie tubes are so popular on over the world that they are sold everywhere, though with a terrible margin, but it is difficult to look for, I buy a few from random people all over Russia:) However, the "cat's eyes" tubes it's not a Russian lamp, I think they can be found even in stores.

in any case, you can buy my units wink in the future, the model range of tube devices will be significantly wider, just need to make money on the development of new modules, because to design those that already is, I had to sell all the musical instruments and half the eurorack system...

time to restock a little bit )))
DSC
Dedal wrote:
DSC wrote:

I think today nixie tubes are so popular on over the world that they are sold everywhere, though with a terrible margin, but it is difficult to look for, I buy a few from random people all over Russia:) However, the "cat's eyes" tubes it's not a Russian lamp, I think they can be found even in stores.

in any case, you can buy my units wink in the future, the model range of tube devices will be significantly wider, just need to make money on the development of new modules, because to design those that already is, I had to sell all the musical instruments and half the eurorack system...

Great job and cool digs!!!!
soon_come
Dedal wrote:

Your studio has a great vibe.
sko87pro
Dedal wrote:
sko87pro wrote:
Is it possible to make a dual-tube voltage display (-9.9v to +9.9v), rather than a counter? Also with a bi-colour LED, green for positive and amber for negative...

And in the same panel, a retro vertical indicator of voltage -9 to +9 (not VU but volts).

That would be very useful to me! Any chance?

In the future - why not?)

Here is a mock-up of how it might look, perhaps? A volt-meter with a bar graph and two inputs. From -9.9V to +9.9V. Can you make it? Very useful!!

Dedal
lol, this module can only fit in 5u system and will cost a lot... )))
sko87pro
Dedal wrote:

Thanks for considering it!

Is it possible to use the tubes as a volt meters, instead of VU? With 0v in the centre and -ve below and +ve above?

Dedal
sko87pro wrote:
Dedal wrote:

Thanks for considering it!

Is it possible to use the tubes as a volt meters, instead of VU? With 0v in the centre and -ve below and +ve above?

unfortunately no, if I'm not confusing anything, this tube works in mirror mode and can't show two different values. But I realized what you're mean, really would be very cool! maybe in the future I'll figure out how to do something like that, we`ll see smile
hewed
I'd feel more of a Dostoyevski (sp?) vibe if the intra-Russian fights could be conducted using patronymics.
Robrecht
hewed wrote:
I'd feel more of a Dostoyevski (sp?) vibe if the intra-Russian fights could be conducted using patronymics.

I wholeheartedly support this. applause

Robrecht wrote:
Some of us get our kicks from stark utilitarian purism, some of us like the blinkenlights. It's all cool. love

ludotex wrote:
Blinkenlights are parts of the eurorack ecosystem Rockin' Banana!

Oh yeah, I love the blinkenlights myself.
Kummer
Does each module come with an authentic KGB (FSB) bug hidden away in the circuit board?

(I kid... mostly)
Dedal
Kummer wrote:
Does each module come with an authentic KGB (FSB) bug hidden away in the circuit board?

(I kid... mostly)

Of course! But tsssss, Putin watching hihi
TheRosskonian
Dedal wrote:
DSC wrote:

Looks like a cool setup and quite the sacrifice. Curious what that pedal is in the lower right hand corner of the photo. Looks like a touch strip on it.
Kummer
Dedal wrote:
Kummer wrote:

(I kid... mostly)

Of course! But tsssss, Putin watching hihi

lol
Dedal
TheRosskonian wrote:

Looks like a cool setup and quite the sacrifice. Curious what that pedal is in the lower right hand corner of the photo. Looks like a touch strip on it.

It`s desktop drum sythvoice (space drum style) from russian engineer "звуковой объект 4"
dan_k
These modules look lovely, super inspiring. As is your studio vibe!
Dedal
dan_k wrote:
These modules look lovely, super inspiring. As is your studio vibe!

Tnx)))

Guys! A have a two alum glitch-3 in stock, so if some one want - is your chance smile next batch will be in 3 week
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next [all]
Page 2 of 5