MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

PARATEK - from Russia with love :)
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next [all]
Author PARATEK - from Russia with love :)
MARK27
Thank you for the instagram post! The video makes it very clear what the different modes are.
soon_come
You can spot some Paratek stuff in this lil clip... really beautiful and Alexey is great with custom requests for color etc.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B0b4a7cl8aK/
MARK27
I bought a couple of Paratek display modules via their Reverb shop. Dedal gave me a break on shipping when I ordered more than one module. He also provided me with a custom display/panel combo that wasn't in the shop. Very cool fella to do business with.

Total shipping time from Russia to Oklahoma was nine days. Not bad.

Modules are just as beautiful as they appear to be on video. Also very versatile with multiple visualization modes.

The one thing to note is that I think the black panels that Paratek uses are 1 or 1.5mm thick. They are definitely thinner than the standard 2mm panels that most manufacturers use. It isn't a problem for me, but I know some people can be very picky about their panels (usually me).

Good stuff!
Dedal
MARK27 wrote:

The one thing to note is that I think the black panels that Paratek uses are 1 or 1.5mm thick. They are definitely thinner than the standard 2mm panels that most manufacturers use. It isn't a problem for me, but I know some people can be very picky about their panels (usually me).

Good stuff!

Thank you for such a great feedback! By the way about panel, they was 2mm thick at start, but it turned out that most of the modules that were in my case thinner and I began to produce 1.5 mm. So in this case it was a forced compromise between 1 and 2mm panels that produce other brands smile

How ever a more pressing problem was the rare, but still non-falling holes in the some mono nut cases, despite the clear correspondence Doepfer drawings and memos on the modules , two of my clients faced with the problem that their modules leave a gap, but since June I replaced all mounting holes on the oblong and for now such problems are excluded. (i hope)
williamjturkel
I bought number 005 of the P3PB, nicely customized by Dedal. The module build is very nice and the packaging is pretty cool. The module itself is extremely useful and very compact, since you can use it for random gates, clickless random gating, etc. I love it.

Ideas for other related modules:

- Exact same form factor and concept except have a 50% duty cycle square wave serving as the interrupter for each channel, and use knobs to adjust frequency for each square wave from audio (say a few ms) to slow LFO rate (tens of seconds). That would be an instant purchase for me.

- Alternately, combine the interrupter idea with a clock divider. First knob controls overall rate, second knob controls division (2, 3, 4, 5, ...), third knob could be pulse width, and fourth knob could be probability of dropping out a given pulse. That would also be an instant purchase for me.
electricanada
Would it be possible to make the nixie counter output a gate at the end of each count cycle? That would be “useful”!
Dedal
electricanada wrote:
Would it be possible to make the nixie counter output a gate at the end of each count cycle? That would be “useful”!

sorry, I do not quite understand the question. it's the gate counter it self, it counts the incoming gates and, accordingly, they go through and come out of multiplier, but there is no internal clock generator, on this he not can considered on their own
Dedal
Many thanks for such a great feedback!, it`s a nice gift for my birthday smile

About your ideas, the first is quite possible, you mean a Quad Square LFO instead of a random algorithm, right?
The implementation of the second is much more difficult, but in theory it is possible, I don't know how to implement, but I think that's a great idea for the future.
For now i am focused on developing two new modules, one of which is expected in October-November this year.
As I will soon have the new feature for P3PB family with the option of ordering vactrols with medium and large release time , something similar to MN LxD. You`ll have the opportunity to order any combination of 3-4 options in each P3PB unit. It's peanut butter jelly time!

williamjturkel wrote:
I bought number 005 of the P3PB, nicely customized by Dedal. The module build is very nice and the packaging is pretty cool. The module itself is extremely useful and very compact, since you can use it for random gates, clickless random gating, etc. I love it.

Ideas for other related modules:

- Exact same form factor and concept except have a 50% duty cycle square wave serving as the interrupter for each channel, and use knobs to adjust frequency for each square wave from audio (say a few ms) to slow LFO rate (tens of seconds). That would be an instant purchase for me.

- Alternately, combine the interrupter idea with a clock divider. First knob controls overall rate, second knob controls division (2, 3, 4, 5, ...), third knob could be pulse width, and fourth knob could be probability of dropping out a given pulse. That would also be an instant purchase for me.
electricanada
Dedal wrote:
electricanada wrote:

sorry, I do not quite understand the question. it's the gate counter it self, it counts the incoming gates and, accordingly, they go through and come out of multiplier, but there is no internal clock generator, on this he not can considered on their own

I would like an output that counts the clock input, and gives me a gate every Nth clock--a basic clock divider, but with a Nixie tube display!

It would useful to have very long clock divisions, so that the Nixie display can be used to detect which section of a song I am in, based on the number of clock pulses it has counted.
williamjturkel
Dedal wrote:

About your ideas, the first is quite possible, you mean a Quad Square LFO instead of a random algorithm, right?
The implementation of the second is much more difficult, but in theory it is possible, I don't know how to implement, but I think that's a great idea for the future.

Yes, if each interruptor had its own Quad Square LFO with a frequency tuning knob, you could do awesome things with it. I'm using my P3PB with Drezno / Lipsk (and, in a few weeks, Jena) to manipulate bits of the audio signal when it is in binary form. Very fun.
Dedal
oh! Now i see smile Well, I guess I can implement this in the second version of the TAKTOMEP, but I can not promise that it will be soon, unfortunately the development requires not only time, but also regular investments and sales are not as good as i would like. But i`ll keep it in mind for the future smile

electricanada wrote:
Dedal wrote:
electricanada wrote:

I would like an output that counts the clock input, and gives me a gate every Nth clock--a basic clock divider, but with a Nixie tube display!

It would useful to have very long clock divisions, so that the Nixie display can be used to detect which section of a song I am in, based on the number of clock pulses it has counted.
Dedal
Yes, i almos shure i can make this one smile

williamjturkel wrote:
Dedal wrote:

Yes, if each interruptor had its own Quad Square LFO with a frequency tuning knob, you could do awesome things with it. I'm using my P3PB with Drezno / Lipsk (and, in a few weeks, Jena) to manipulate bits of the audio signal when it is in binary form. Very fun.
Dedal
Hey guys! Something new Almost ready, just got 2kg of PCBs))) stay tuned!
sko87pro
Dedal wrote:
Hey guys! Something new Almost ready

Exciting! Really hope it’s a nice new tube voltage display, would love that...!

#wish
MARK27
Dedal,

Do you keep a mailing list for Paratek announcements? I'd love to get emails when you make something new rather than having to remember to check the shop intermittently.
Dedal
MARK27 wrote:
Dedal,

Do you keep a mailing list for Paratek announcements? I'd love to get emails when you make something new rather than having to remember to check the shop intermittently.

actually i think it`s a little bit oldschool, i think instagram more convenient in terms of information, again there are pictures and videos and a quick way to contact.
Dedal
sko87pro wrote:
Dedal wrote:
Hey guys! Something new Almost ready

Exciting! Really hope it’s a nice new tube voltage display, would love that...!

#wish

oh, unfortunaly for now i dont have plans for that thing, and new module will be without lamps, but it will be very useful in my opinion, but after 1-2 months I expect to announce a new device with a lamp, this time very effective wink
MARK27
I am pretty old school. It's true. I've never opened an Instagram account. I never quite figured out what it was good for...

But at least my email client is no longer on a VAX machine.

confused
Dedal
MARK27 wrote:
I am pretty old school. It's true. I've never opened an Instagram account. I never quite figured out what it was good for...

But at least my email client is no longer on a VAX machine.

confused

in this case, I would be honored to inform you about my achievements personally by email, for me it will not be difficult smile by the way i’m very old-fashioned, but instagram as a demo platform seems to me very convenient. Anyway, send your email to me in a private message and I will keep you informed. ps: of course friends, this applies to all! w00t
sko87pro
Dedal wrote:
but after 1-2 months I expect to announce a new device with a lamp, this time very effective wink

Fantastic!! If we can see audio volts and bipolar CV on a retro lamp display, the world will be a much better place!

Dedal
Hello comrades! This is fun! Please welcome, our new mixing unit - РИТМИКС!

• 8 independent mono channels for audio signal in tiny skiff friendly 12hp unit.
• Individual volume and pan functions per channel.
• Stereo output channel sum with led indication of output signal level, SNR 69Db
• Instant mute button for master output with led backlight.
• And of course a wide range of LED colors and combinations!

the first batch is expected at the end of October. More info in my instagram.

Happy to answer any questions. It's peanut butter jelly time!

Dedal
The title assembled from words rhythm and mix that gives the direct reference to use device that would collect all the percussion in one mix, where every kick, click and snare will be in its place and not have to use inputs of huge and expensive mixers, or suffer from uncontrolled adders aka 3 in 1 smile
Dedal
totally frgot to write specs!

12hp, 38mm deep

Power consumpltion:
12 - 40mA (140 when mute pressed)
-12 -5mA
Dedal
Oh, I was hoping for at least a little interest from you... Ah okay, d invent the further seriously, i just don't get it
NoLegs
I think it looks great! I would love something similar with some CV control over panning, even if it’s a little larger.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next [all]
Page 4 of 5