MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

PARATEK - from Russia with love :)
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next [all]
Author PARATEK - from Russia with love :)
Dedal
Greetings! I am a designer from Russia and wanted to bring to my system more beauty and aesthetics of those times when modular synthesis was born. I couldn't find anything like that on sale. (except for a couple of models from the ADDAC company) so I decided to design them myself.

So, meet and greet! The cyberpunk aesthetics of Soviet - PARATEK!
These modules are designed exclusively for beauty and visual plesure, but perform simple tasks as monitoring or counting signals.

As a person born in the early 80s, I was inspired by Paul Verhoeven's dystopias, the romance of the worlds of Philip K. Dick and of course the Soviet industry, so my devices are charged with warm lamps and notes of childhood before the era of the Internet, when an ordinary light bulb and battery could become a fascinating entertainment for many evenings.

With these modules you can pump your system to get more pleasure from patching and of course make an additional impression on the public.
You can learn more about the features of the modules by watching videos.
Also on modulargrid page And of course i`ll be happy to answer any questions.

Modules can be purchased on Reverb and will soon be presented on https://www.perfectcircuit.com/. Or you can contact me directly.

Thank you for your attention!

More videos on my instagram
Kummer
modules look great and nice prices too
timdrage
These look amazing, great work on the video aesthetics too smile
chapelier fou
Digging the spirit !
Alexander Kuznetsov
Absolutely useless modules.
matttech
I don’t really get them seriously, i just don't get it

I guess you could use them in some art installation or something, but other than that I’m confused...
strangegravity
not useful for synthesis but very cool to look at
Kummer
There are use cases for these modules so they are not absolutely useless. Other companies have similar offerings and I think these have a nice retro aesthetic. The prices aren't too crazy either and even if it's just for visual flair, who gives a fuck? Don't buy them then
Ras Thavas
Let's admit it, it doesn't have to perform a function if it delights us by looking cool. I know I'm impressed with the vibe Paratek has going.

When will more "GЛИТЧ" 3 visualizers be available?
TheRosskonian
Those videos were surprisingly entertaining.

I wonder if there's a way to have the video modules output to something externally? I am not a video person, maybe this is an easy thing to do?
Dedal
Alexander Kuznetsov wrote:
Absolutely useless modules.
of course they are!)
Dedal
Ras Thavas wrote:
Let's admit it, it doesn't have to perform a function if it delights us by looking cool. I know I'm impressed with the vibe Paratek has going.

When will more "GЛИТЧ" 3 visualizers be available?

Around a week, oleds stuck on customs
Dedal
TheRosskonian wrote:
Those videos were surprisingly entertaining.

I wonder if there's a way to have the video modules output to something externally? I am not a video person, maybe this is an easy thing to do?

Unfortunately no, code supports only one model of display, so you’ll need to make external DAC for this.
Dedal
Guys! thank you all for praise and criticism, pleased that my work caused you have interest and I very glad, that most understands why I created these utterly useless(they really are) but very beautiful modules )))
sko87pro
Is it possible to make a dual-tube voltage display (-9.9v to +9.9v), rather than a counter? Also with a bi-colour LED, green for positive and amber for negative...

And in the same panel, a retro vertical indicator of voltage -9 to +9 (not VU but volts).

That would be very useful to me! Any chance?
Virusinstaller
These modules look great. And the videos were top notch. Looking forward to checking them out.
Robrecht
Sending a ¼ pulse from Pamela's into one of the gate counter modules could be useful for live performance with other musicians, to keep track of the number of measures elapsed for tricky coördinated events, especially without a conductor.

VU meters are useful too, even if they're not very precise, to get a rough idea of a signal before patching it in.

And of course, looking rad is a valid purpose in itself, whether to give your audience something to look at or just to inspire the musician. Some of us get our kicks from stark utilitarian purism, some of us like the blinkenlights. It's all cool. love And these look great.
Dedal
sko87pro wrote:
Is it possible to make a dual-tube voltage display (-9.9v to +9.9v), rather than a counter? Also with a bi-colour LED, green for positive and amber for negative...

And in the same panel, a retro vertical indicator of voltage -9 to +9 (not VU but volts).

That would be very useful to me! Any chance?

In the future - why not?)
Paranormal Patroler
I've been fascinated by some of them and plan to grab at least one in the near future. Congratulations on the designs, and I hope you carve your own niche in Eurorack! Welcome to the forum.
FetidEye
These modules are absolutely stunning! Good job!

There are so much modules that have no visual references.
DSC
I could build a case with just your stuff, great job thumbs up
bwhittington
I like yout logo. Looks like the Millennium Falcon in a dive.
Dedal
Paranormal Patroler wrote:
I've been fascinated by some of them and plan to grab at least one in the near future. Congratulations on the designs, and I hope you carve your own niche in Eurorack! Welcome to the forum.

Thax a lot man, i`ll do my best smile
Dedal
bwhittington wrote:
I like yout logo. Looks like the Millennium Falcon in a dive.

Yes, it's a play on word, a Falcon in a Falcon wink I`m a huge fan of SW and want to salut them, as well as the fallout, and allusions to the ancient Egyptian sun God RA)

Yes, i`m crazy)))

Thanks to all of you guyz! I really appreciate it!
Dragonaut
Robrecht wrote:
Some of us get our kicks from stark utilitarian purism, some of us like the blinkenlights. It's all cool.

Good vibes
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next [all]
Page 1 of 5