MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

PARATEK - from Russia with love :)
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Author PARATEK - from Russia with love :)
Dedal
Greetings! I am a designer from Russia and wanted to bring to my system more beauty and aesthetics of those times when modular synthesis was born. I couldn't find anything like that on sale. (except for a couple of models from the ADDAC company) so I decided to design them myself.

So, meet and greet! The cyberpunk aesthetics of Soviet - PARATEK!
These modules are designed exclusively for beauty and visual plesure, but perform simple tasks as monitoring or counting signals.

As a person born in the early 80s, I was inspired by Paul Verhoeven's dystopias, the romance of the worlds of Philip K. Dick and of course the Soviet industry, so my devices are charged with warm lamps and notes of childhood before the era of the Internet, when an ordinary light bulb and battery could become a fascinating entertainment for many evenings.

With these modules you can pump your system to get more pleasure from patching and of course make an additional impression on the public.
You can learn more about the features of the modules by watching videos.
Also on modulargrid page And of course i`ll be happy to answer any questions.

Modules can be purchased on Reverb and will soon be presented on https://www.perfectcircuit.com/. Or you can contact me directly.

Thank you for your attention!

More videos on my instagram
Kummer
modules look great and nice prices too
timdrage
These look amazing, great work on the video aesthetics too smile
chapelier fou
Digging the spirit !
Alexander Kuznetsov
Absolutely useless modules.
matttech
I don’t really get them seriously, i just don't get it

I guess you could use them in some art installation or something, but other than that I’m confused...
strangegravity
not useful for synthesis but very cool to look at
Kummer
There are use cases for these modules so they are not absolutely useless. Other companies have similar offerings and I think these have a nice retro aesthetic. The prices aren't too crazy either and even if it's just for visual flair, who gives a fuck? Don't buy them then
Ras Thavas
Let's admit it, it doesn't have to perform a function if it delights us by looking cool. I know I'm impressed with the vibe Paratek has going.

When will more "GЛИТЧ" 3 visualizers be available?
TheRosskonian
Those videos were surprisingly entertaining.

I wonder if there's a way to have the video modules output to something externally? I am not a video person, maybe this is an easy thing to do?
Dedal
Alexander Kuznetsov wrote:
of course they are!)
Dedal
Ras Thavas wrote:
Let's admit it, it doesn't have to perform a function if it delights us by looking cool. I know I'm impressed with the vibe Paratek has going.

When will more "GЛИТЧ" 3 visualizers be available?

Around a week, oleds stuck on customs
Dedal
TheRosskonian wrote:
Those videos were surprisingly entertaining.

I wonder if there's a way to have the video modules output to something externally? I am not a video person, maybe this is an easy thing to do?

Unfortunately no, code supports only one model of display, so you’ll need to make external DAC for this.
Dedal
Guys! thank you all for praise and criticism, pleased that my work caused you have interest and I very glad, that most understands why I created these utterly useless(they really are) but very beautiful modules )))
sko87pro
Is it possible to make a dual-tube voltage display (-9.9v to +9.9v), rather than a counter? Also with a bi-colour LED, green for positive and amber for negative...

And in the same panel, a retro vertical indicator of voltage -9 to +9 (not VU but volts).

That would be very useful to me! Any chance?
Virusinstaller
These modules look great. And the videos were top notch. Looking forward to checking them out.
Robrecht
Sending a ¼ pulse from Pamela's into one of the gate counter modules could be useful for live performance with other musicians, to keep track of the number of measures elapsed for tricky coördinated events, especially without a conductor.

VU meters are useful too, even if they're not very precise, to get a rough idea of a signal before patching it in.

And of course, looking rad is a valid purpose in itself, whether to give your audience something to look at or just to inspire the musician. Some of us get our kicks from stark utilitarian purism, some of us like the blinkenlights. It's all cool. love And these look great.
Dedal
sko87pro wrote:
Is it possible to make a dual-tube voltage display (-9.9v to +9.9v), rather than a counter? Also with a bi-colour LED, green for positive and amber for negative...

And in the same panel, a retro vertical indicator of voltage -9 to +9 (not VU but volts).

In the future - why not?)
Paranormal Patroler
I've been fascinated by some of them and plan to grab at least one in the near future. Congratulations on the designs, and I hope you carve your own niche in Eurorack! Welcome to the forum.
FetidEye
These modules are absolutely stunning! Good job!

There are so much modules that have no visual references.
DSC
I could build a case with just your stuff, great job thumbs up
bwhittington
I like yout logo. Looks like the Millennium Falcon in a dive.
Dedal
Paranormal Patroler wrote:
I've been fascinated by some of them and plan to grab at least one in the near future. Congratulations on the designs, and I hope you carve your own niche in Eurorack! Welcome to the forum.

Thax a lot man, i`ll do my best smile
Dedal
bwhittington wrote:
I like yout logo. Looks like the Millennium Falcon in a dive.

Yes, it's a play on word, a Falcon in a Falcon wink I`m a huge fan of SW and want to salut them, as well as the fallout, and allusions to the ancient Egyptian sun God RA)

Yes, i`m crazy)))

Thanks to all of you guyz! I really appreciate it!
Dragonaut
Robrecht wrote:
Some of us get our kicks from stark utilitarian purism, some of us like the blinkenlights. It's all cool.

Good vibes
ludotex
Yeah nice!
Blinkenlights are parts of the eurorack ecosystem Rockin' Banana!
I like the LEDs one, that green things looks cool as well.
Rod Serling Fan Club
Great aesthetic! I’m a big fan of using nixies, dekatrons, etc. in my own DIY stuff.
MARK27
I don't understand people calling these out as useless. The great thing about modular is that you can build your own thing, to your own specifications (more or less).

Some people are only interested in the audio aspects of eurorack, while others (like me), are equally inspired by the notion of building the synthesizer of which I always dreamt, but never existed. Maybe mine is all black and has meters that I use for visual feedback or even just eye candy. Maybe yours looks like a random lego frankensynth that also employs audio processors that I would never use and to me, would be "useless."

I just don't get why people bother spending their time with negative posts. If it doesn't inspire you, don't buy it, end of story. Why spend the time unless you honestly think someone is trying to rip people off?

Another thing to note, Happy Nerding put out some LED "blinkenlights" modules that are almost identical to these and no one called out his simple LED meters as "useless."

Hmm... hmmm.....
Alexander Kuznetsov
MARK27
Why are you so worried? I just expressed my point of view. Is it forbidden here?
Personally, I do not understand why there are so many puppy enthusiasts in this regard.
Dedal
In fact, everything is simple!) We are familiar with Alexander and are enemies due to his extremely inappropriate behavior in the Russian modular community "Modular church", so he does not calm down and even come here to say something bad. Оust ignore him and he'll be gone. wink

MARK27 wrote:

I just don't get why people bother spending their time with negative posts. If it doesn't inspire you, don't buy it, end of story. Why spend the time unless you honestly think someone is trying to rip people off?
Hmm... hmmm.....
windspirit
Absolutely love the demo videos. Have you considered making a vector oscilloscope using some of the tiny CRT tubes for old oscilloscopes? They are a bit deep but I think you can really only find them in Russia.
Alexander Kuznetsov
[quote="Dedal"]In fact, everything is simple!) We are familiar with Alexander and are enemies due to his extremely inappropriate behavior in the Russian modular community "Modular church", so he does not calm down and even come here to say something bad. Оust ignore him and he'll be gone. wink

Do you really think that is so important to me? Damn high arrogance! Alexey, extremely inappropriate behavior has always been on your part. wink But I see you are pretty polite here. Even somehow strange. Ok. I will not interfere with your business. And by the way, I've been here for quite some time, unlike you.
Dedal
windspirit wrote:
Absolutely love the demo videos. Have you considered making a vector oscilloscope using some of the tiny CRT tubes for old oscilloscopes? They are a bit deep but I think you can really only find them in Russia.
Thanks a lot!)) You know i was wondering for that things, but they extremely long, so I abandoned this idea(
for now I'm thinking how to simulate this lamp with a high-precision display and filters, but it will be a more complex unit, something like otools+... well, while it is at the idea stage smile
DSC
Curious to what parts you use that can only be found in Russia? You probably have lots to choose from! I'm jealous of that!
Dedal
DSC wrote:
Curious to what parts you use that can only be found in Russia? You probably have lots to choose from! I'm jealous of that!

I think today nixie tubes are so popular on over the world that they are sold everywhere, though with a terrible margin, but it is difficult to look for, I buy a few from random people all over Russia:) However, the "cat's eyes" tubes it's not a Russian lamp, I think they can be found even in stores.

in any case, you can buy my units wink in the future, the model range of tube devices will be significantly wider, just need to make money on the development of new modules, because to design those that already is, I had to sell all the musical instruments and half the eurorack system...

time to restock a little bit )))
DSC
Dedal wrote:
DSC wrote:

I think today nixie tubes are so popular on over the world that they are sold everywhere, though with a terrible margin, but it is difficult to look for, I buy a few from random people all over Russia:) However, the "cat's eyes" tubes it's not a Russian lamp, I think they can be found even in stores.

in any case, you can buy my units wink in the future, the model range of tube devices will be significantly wider, just need to make money on the development of new modules, because to design those that already is, I had to sell all the musical instruments and half the eurorack system...

Great job and cool digs!!!!
soon_come
Dedal wrote:

Your studio has a great vibe.
sko87pro
Dedal wrote:
sko87pro wrote:

In the future - why not?)

Here is a mock-up of how it might look, perhaps? A volt-meter with a bar graph and two inputs. From -9.9V to +9.9V. Can you make it? Very useful!!

Dedal
lol, this module can only fit in 5u system and will cost a lot... )))
sko87pro
Dedal wrote:

Thanks for considering it!

Is it possible to use the tubes as a volt meters, instead of VU? With 0v in the centre and -ve below and +ve above?

Dedal
sko87pro wrote:
Dedal wrote:

Is it possible to use the tubes as a volt meters, instead of VU? With 0v in the centre and -ve below and +ve above?

unfortunately no, if I'm not confusing anything, this tube works in mirror mode and can't show two different values. But I realized what you're mean, really would be very cool! maybe in the future I'll figure out how to do something like that, we`ll see smile
hewed
I'd feel more of a Dostoyevski (sp?) vibe if the intra-Russian fights could be conducted using patronymics.
Robrecht
hewed wrote:
I'd feel more of a Dostoyevski (sp?) vibe if the intra-Russian fights could be conducted using patronymics.

I wholeheartedly support this. applause

Robrecht wrote:
Some of us get our kicks from stark utilitarian purism, some of us like the blinkenlights. It's all cool. love

ludotex wrote:
Blinkenlights are parts of the eurorack ecosystem Rockin' Banana!

Oh yeah, I love the blinkenlights myself.
Kummer
Does each module come with an authentic KGB (FSB) bug hidden away in the circuit board?

(I kid... mostly)
Dedal
Kummer wrote:
Does each module come with an authentic KGB (FSB) bug hidden away in the circuit board?

(I kid... mostly)

Of course! But tsssss, Putin watching hihi
TheRosskonian
Dedal wrote:
DSC wrote:

Looks like a cool setup and quite the sacrifice. Curious what that pedal is in the lower right hand corner of the photo. Looks like a touch strip on it.
Kummer
Dedal wrote:
Kummer wrote:

(I kid... mostly)

Of course! But tsssss, Putin watching hihi

lol
Dedal
TheRosskonian wrote:

Looks like a cool setup and quite the sacrifice. Curious what that pedal is in the lower right hand corner of the photo. Looks like a touch strip on it.

It`s desktop drum sythvoice (space drum style) from russian engineer "звуковой объект 4"
dan_k
These modules look lovely, super inspiring. As is your studio vibe!
Dedal
dan_k wrote:
These modules look lovely, super inspiring. As is your studio vibe!

Tnx)))

Guys! A have a two alum glitch-3 in stock, so if some one want - is your chance smile next batch will be in 3 week
sko87pro
Really looking forward to your new voltage modules!!!
;o)
Dedal
Hey hey! I finally finished new modules and doubled the range of existing model line! Of course it’s just the beginning nanners
Dedal
Hello comrades! I am pleased to present you my new development!
"РЗРВ" - vactrol based unit, for interrupt or pass signals.
Four independent generators perform two tasks depending on the operating conditions.
1 - When an external signal connected, the device breaks and passes it according to a unique random algorithm.
2 - In the absence of an incoming signal, the device transmits +12v to use as the gate, triggers, etc.
Each channel has a smooth setting from rare skips (CCW) to infrequent interrupts (CW).

4Hp, skiff friendly

Module now on preardering, the first batch will be released in August.
The approximate cost will be around 100 dollars.

What do you think?
FreekiTiki
I have got one of the 3 Nixie tube mult/counter modules. I find it extremely useful. It can count the number of “pulses” on an input and then reset when it reaches a power of 2, so 4, 16, 32, 64, or 128 “pulses”. I find this clock helps me to see how long a certain pattern has been running and tells me when I might want to change things up. It’s so easy to loose track of the timing of things when patching/knob turning. I also like the stopwatch function but use the counter much more frequently.
His packaging design aesthetic is as good as any product if purchased. He even had the rack screws in an old used wooden match box. That plus the other materials he used really added to the vintage soviet vibe. It’s not a criteria I use to make purchasing decisions but it was a nice experience when I was opening the package. It actually would have been worthy of an unboxing video.

Edit- I do have a short but shaky video up on Instagram. Same user name over there.
Ras Thavas
I have a GЛИТЧ-3, silver with black buttons. Yes, it provides no useful audio or control function in my modular (save being a passive mult), but I absolutely love it.

The patterns vary a lot depending on the cv, and provide three channels of grainy, mysterious eye candy that makes me smile.

I'm tempted by the 3 nixie tube counter module too...
Dedal
Thanks for feedback guys! I really appreciate this love
NoLegs
Dedal wrote:
Hello comrades! I am pleased to present you my new development!
"РЗРВ" - vactrol based unit, for interrupt or pass signals.
Four independent generators perform two tasks depending on the operating conditions.
1 - When an external signal connected, the device breaks and passes it according to a unique random algorithm.
2 - In the absence of an incoming signal, the device transmits +12v to use as the gate, triggers, etc.
Each channel has a smooth setting from rare skips (CCW) to infrequent interrupts (CW).

4Hp, skiff friendly

Module now on preardering, the first batch will be released in August.
The approximate cost will be around 100 dollars.

What do you think?

I think it looks/sounds really interesting! Can you do more videos?
cg_funk
Dedal wrote:
DSC wrote:

Ok. Wow. I really appreciate your photography, this studio just looks so cozy. love
estin
dang these look so great, the videos are top notch as well. Way to embrace a unique heritage and aesthetic. A case full of the gate counters + clock divider, gate sequencers, and switches would be so pleasing to watch. zombie
Dedal
NoLegs wrote:

Of course smile here is another video of РЗРВ in my instagram https://instagram.com/p/By0ruu5In02/

I can also shoot a specific video for you if you want.
helix
Do the counters not have a reset jack? This would be very useful!
sko87pro
Dedal wrote:
sko87pro wrote:
Dedal wrote:

unfortunately no, if I'm not confusing anything, this tube works in mirror mode and can't show two different values. But I realized what you're mean, really would be very cool! maybe in the future I'll figure out how to do something like that, we`ll see smile

Any more thoughts on this? Would love a tube display something like this!
NoLegs
Dedal wrote:
NoLegs wrote:

Of course smile here is another video of РЗРВ in my instagram https://instagram.com/p/By0ruu5In02/

Thank you! I’d love to hear some kind of audio through it at various settings
helix
sko87pro wrote:
Dedal wrote:
sko87pro wrote:
Dedal wrote:

You could use two tubes and put one upside down, linked to the negative
helix
At a random guess, i have literally no idea or experience haha
Dedal
helix wrote:
Do the counters not have a reset jack? This would be very useful!
for now you can reset only manually by pressing button, but optionally i can realize this thing.
Dedal
sko87pro wrote:

no, unfortunately no, this lamps is very unstable so you just cant use it as a tuner or something, so i decided to postpone this venture until the development of a new version of the glitch with the tuner and oscilloscope, n it will be not earlier than next year because the programmer who developed the original glitch was dismissed and the other I still can not find :( Until I decided to focus on new varieties of VU-meters and new gater/muter units in the Soviet style smile Oh, and i`ll also planning to make stereo ЛИУ this autumn.
Dedal
NoLegs wrote:
Dedal wrote:
NoLegs wrote:

Thank you! I’d love to hear some kind of audio through it at various settings

Here you are smile https://www.instagram.com/p/By-fQdTIzJG/ you can also see previously video, i shoot it for another user as an example of "broken cord" patch
mick
Only if you have a bad taste
Alexander Kuznetsov
mick wrote:
Only if you have a bad taste

It seems you have problems with this. wink
Dedal
Dear friends! I’m happy to tell you that TAKTOMER received a new version of the firmware! It's peanut butter jelly time!

As some of you wish, now you can program the length of the clock grid of each of the 6 presets on your own!

This opportunity will allow you to use TAKTOMER in complex polyrhythmic / polymetric compositions that would not get lost in the bars.

Owners of the first versions of the unit can also get this opportunity by simple manipulation, just contact me by e-mail or PM and we'll do it!

Here`s my email: Djoxyjam@mail.ru screaming goo yo

adaris
Received my Black RGB VU Meter today, tested it out and it looks great. Each individual meter can be set to full scale or floating point mode via jumpers on the back, and there are trimmers for sensitivity adjustment similar to the Happy Nerding LED meters (which I also own and like). I live in Maryland, but it was just 10 days total from the time I placed my order until it arrived.
Dedal
adaris wrote:
Received my Black RGB VU Meter today, tested it out and it looks great. Each individual meter can be set to full scale or floating point mode via jumpers on the back, and there are trimmers for sensitivity adjustment similar to the Happy Nerding LED meters (which I also own and like). I live in Maryland, but it was just 10 days total from the time I placed my order until it arrived.

Happy to hear it smile By the way, i`m currently negotiating with two stores in the UK and US, so maybe soon my modules will be closer to you smile
MARK27
Dedal -

For the "ДИУ" series, I keep seeing references to "6 visual modes with additional settings," but I haven't found anything listing what those six modes are. I can probably guess one or two from your demo videos, but I'd love to have a better sense of what these LED meters can do.

Also, do you take special requests for meters and panel types?

Thank you for all your work.

Mark
Dedal
Hi Mark, here is modes overview for you smile https://www.instagram.com/p/B0F9s33IGSY/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

MARK27 wrote:
Dedal -

For the "ДИУ" series, I keep seeing references to "6 visual modes with additional settings," but I haven't found anything listing what those six modes are. I can probably guess one or two from your demo videos, but I'd love to have a better sense of what these LED meters can do.

Also, do you take special requests for meters and panel types?

Thank you for all your work.

Mark
MARK27
Thank you for the instagram post! The video makes it very clear what the different modes are.
soon_come
You can spot some Paratek stuff in this lil clip... really beautiful and Alexey is great with custom requests for color etc.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B0b4a7cl8aK/
MARK27
I bought a couple of Paratek display modules via their Reverb shop. Dedal gave me a break on shipping when I ordered more than one module. He also provided me with a custom display/panel combo that wasn't in the shop. Very cool fella to do business with.

Total shipping time from Russia to Oklahoma was nine days. Not bad.

Modules are just as beautiful as they appear to be on video. Also very versatile with multiple visualization modes.

The one thing to note is that I think the black panels that Paratek uses are 1 or 1.5mm thick. They are definitely thinner than the standard 2mm panels that most manufacturers use. It isn't a problem for me, but I know some people can be very picky about their panels (usually me).

Good stuff!
Dedal
MARK27 wrote:

The one thing to note is that I think the black panels that Paratek uses are 1 or 1.5mm thick. They are definitely thinner than the standard 2mm panels that most manufacturers use. It isn't a problem for me, but I know some people can be very picky about their panels (usually me).

Good stuff!

Thank you for such a great feedback! By the way about panel, they was 2mm thick at start, but it turned out that most of the modules that were in my case thinner and I began to produce 1.5 mm. So in this case it was a forced compromise between 1 and 2mm panels that produce other brands smile

How ever a more pressing problem was the rare, but still non-falling holes in the some mono nut cases, despite the clear correspondence Doepfer drawings and memos on the modules , two of my clients faced with the problem that their modules leave a gap, but since June I replaced all mounting holes on the oblong and for now such problems are excluded. (i hope)
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Page 1 of 4