MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Where do you buy your patching cables from?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author Where do you buy your patching cables from?
jdaddyaz
I'm looking to purchase some more euro patch cables, and was wondering where everyone gets theirs from. Any cheap outlets? I'm in the US. Thanks in advance.
feethebunny
I admit I'm pretty newbie to things, but I've just bought a couple multi-length packs off of reverb.com so far (like 20 cables to a pack). It was a decent way to get a lot in one go for me. I'm sure in the future I'll be picking up better cables and surely some stackables as well though.
kamindustries
Not necessarily the cheapest, but I really like the Boredbrain patch cables. Just about the perfect mix of stiffness/flexibility, thin but sturdy endpoints, and nice colors.
vrfats
I like the woven ones from modular addict .com. They feel really nice, get less messy and are in the 1$ - 1.50$ range. They also make 3$ stackable knock offs.
mmpingo
Aliexpress (ExcelValley Store, they've got also right-angle cables), Hama (a German accessory producer), sometimes DIY using Neutrik jack plugs and Cordial, Klotz and Tasker cables.
Shledge
Whatever is cheapest on ebay/amazon. Sometimes I'll splurge on stackables, but generally the cheapo cables I have do the job fine.
starthief
vrfats wrote:
I like the woven ones from modular addict .com. They feel really nice, get less messy and are in the 1$ - 1.50$ range. They also make 3$ stackable knock offs.

I like these too. I replaced all my cables (except a few TipTop Stackables) with Modular Addict ones, color coded by length. Some people don't like the thickness of them, but to me the stiffness is just right, they hang straight from a cable hanger, and they're cheap.

The MA stacking cables aren't quite as nice as TipTop, but they get the job done.
moosey2juicy
I usually order mine from Sweetwater.
Oldstench
I used to get Ad Inifinitum and Stackcables but now it's Boredbrain 100%. No contest. Over 100 cables and not a single dud.
pinkflag16
Control, because they're right by the wine shop.
motorhead412
Shledge wrote:
Whatever is cheapest on ebay/amazon. Sometimes I'll splurge on stackables, but generally the cheapo cables I have do the job fine.

Same. Hosa cables on Amazon.
Virusinstaller
Definitely the Ad Infinitum cables. No failures there.
I usually throw in some Modular Addict cables in with an order. Or even usually with any order from anywhere really.
JoeFuture
I prefer the ModularAddict skinny cables personally. Great flex & have never had a problem with any of them. Compared to a lot of other options, they're relatively inexpensive too.
peripatitis
Exploding shed are the best I've used yet.
Very expensive though.
grep
kamindustries wrote:
Not necessarily the cheapest, but I really like the Boredbrain patch cables. Just about the perfect mix of stiffness/flexibility, thin but sturdy endpoints, and nice colors.

Oldstench wrote:
I used to get Ad Inifinitum and Stackcables but now it's Boredbrain 100%. No contest. Over 100 cables and not a single dud.

I also order direct from Boredbrain and could not be happier.
3pand
People sometimes have cables for sale here on the forum if you haven't checked out the for sale section yet. I've never had a bad experience there, but it's never a bad idea to look in the positive and negative feedback threads just in case!
jdaddyaz
Thanks for all the info. As far as stackable, does anyone just use splitters? Like those cheap 1 in, 2 out little plastic things.
whinger
I buy the house brand from Perfect Circuit because I like how small the shroud is on the plug (which is nice when the module is crowded), plus they're a decent stiffness and don't kink as easily as some of the other cables I've tried.

My favorite cables are the ones that shipped with the Roland System 500, but apparently they aren't made anymore.
isi909
Black Market and befaco
medium Rob
Control cables are nice, with the small barrel / plug - useful for smaller modules with tight jack spacing. Tendrils (90° angled) cables are useful for semi-permanent patching, leaving modules patched after breaking down / collapsing / closing your rig (or case), for traveling (low profile, portability)
userfriendly
starthief wrote:
vrfats wrote:

I like these too. I replaced all my cables (except a few TipTop Stackables) with Modular Addict ones, color coded by length. Some people don't like the thickness of them, but to me the stiffness is just right, they hang straight from a cable hanger, and they're cheap.

The MA stacking cables aren't quite as nice as TipTop, but they get the job done.

I used these for a while. I love the way they feel and they look beautiful. But I felt like they made it harder to fiddle with knobs when a big patch got going. i also got nervous with the tension that could potentially get put on jacks, not from using too short of a patch cable, but when you push your hands through them they don't give as much. I have since switched to the thin Modular Addict cables.
doubleohno
I use all Roland cables and I love them. Best braided cables I’ve seen and they stay stiff and don’t get all...squiggly like the Arturia ones or other thinner braided cables.
Yodhan
Hosa cables. You can get packs of 3 footers for a decent price.
cg_funk
I have about 5 stackable cables for when I need them, and then another 100 or so Hosa cables.

I love those Hosa rainbow colored cables. Also, you can get 'em cheap in packs on Amazon. It's really nice to have a ton of extra short cables, I try to use the shortest option for every patch-point.
selfdestroyer
LMNTL from Perfect Circuit here.

I was using HOSA and switched over 100% now to LMNTL.

I use the different colors to differentiate length.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2