MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Best of CGS available again
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY  
Author Best of CGS available again
cygmu
I had heard a little about this before but here's something interesting for the 4U crowd: Elby seems to have made the Best of CGS panels available again.

http://www.elby-designs.com/contents/en-us/d79_Best_of_CGS_-_BOCGS.htm l

For example:
http://www.elby-designs.com/contents/en-us/p1177_MARSH.html
shows the MARSH panel as being available. That has not been the case for quite some time. BOG and SWAMP are available too.

Are there any photos of the new run of panels out there?

Also perhaps of interest: 4U racks suitable for Loudest Warning format
http://www.elby-designs.com/contents/en-us/p1314_84HP-Skinny-Rack.html

Laurie hasn't forgotten us 4Uers smile
c411vm
While it would probably be best to let Laurie confirm, the following linked images resemble ones he sent me when I asked about the new panels:

http://www.elby-designs.com/contents/media/l_bocgs-bog.jpg
http://www.elby-designs.com/contents/media/l_bocgs-marsh.jpg
http://www.elby-designs.com/contents/media/l_bocgs-swamp.jpg

From what I could tell, the most significant differences were in the BOG VCO: the new panel has a second FM input, and a couple of extra outputs (sine and staircase) that aren't on the earlier version that I compared it with.
cygmu
Good spot on the VCO. I wouldn't have noticed that.

I'd really like to see what the finish of the panels looks like but I guess I'll have to wait until there are some out in the wild. I've never built most of the MARSH modules so that is somewhat tempting.
Reality Checkpoint
Very interesting and quite reasonably priced too. I am looking at the Swamp, but would like to see an 'actual' panel.
jersupereq
c411vm wrote:
While it would probably be best to let Laurie confirm, the following linked images resemble ones he sent me when I asked about the new panels:

http://www.elby-designs.com/contents/media/l_bocgs-bog.jpg
http://www.elby-designs.com/contents/media/l_bocgs-marsh.jpg
http://www.elby-designs.com/contents/media/l_bocgs-swamp.jpg

From what I could tell, the most significant differences were in the BOG VCO: the new panel has a second FM input, and a couple of extra outputs (sine and staircase) that aren't on the earlier version that I compared it with.


I really hope those arn't the new designs cry
nurbivore
Definitely worse, but tolerable. I ordered a SWAMP, been wanting one for a long time.
Reality Checkpoint
nurbivore wrote:
Definitely worse, but tolerable. I ordered a SWAMP, been wanting one for a long time.


Please can you post some photos when it arrives.
jersupereq
Reality Checkpoint wrote:
nurbivore wrote:
Definitely worse, but tolerable. I ordered a SWAMP, been wanting one for a long time.


Please can you post some photos when it arrives.


+1
rampy
No Cat Girl Synth ?
nurbivore
Reality Checkpoint wrote:
nurbivore wrote:
Definitely worse, but tolerable. I ordered a SWAMP, been wanting one for a long time.


Please can you post some photos when it arrives.


for sure. Might be a little bit, though, the order confirmation said their office was closed until March 27
jersupereq
I contacted Laurie and it looks like the new panels are the designs c411vm mentioned
ashleym
Definitely a good spot. I try to avoid trawling the same suppliers websites, so I do miss things. I’m glad to see these and I might well pull the trigger.
ishi
New to Serge/CGS. Curious. What's not to like about these designs?
jersupereq
ishi wrote:
New to Serge/CGS. Curious. What's not to like about these designs?


I guess it just feels very non Serge, the font(Is it less bold?), straight lines instead of angular ones as well as random extra ones on the Envelope generator, missing the CGS/Serge label per module, mixer labeled A & B, weird spacing on the Modulo Magic (As you can tell I'm mainly interested in the MARSH lol )

Just aesthetically its not very pleasing to me
Gandalf
jersupereq wrote:
ishi wrote:
New to Serge/CGS. Curious. What's not to like about these designs?


I guess it just feels very non Serge, the font(Is it less bold?), straight lines instead of angular ones as well as random extra ones on the Envelope generator, missing the CGS/Serge label per module, mixer labeled A & B, weird spacing on the Modulo Magic (As you can tell I'm mainly interested in the MARSH lol )

Just aesthetically its not very pleasing to me

The 'extra lines' in the ADSR, surely they just confirm that the knob to the right 'controls' the signal from the jack to the left. What's wrong with that?
no CGS/SERGE identification for each module, well that is a bummer isn't it!!! What's wrong with that? Does it mean the end of the world if you don't know that the ADSR is a Serge design?
The A &B differentiate mixer ONE from mixer TWO ie there are TWO separate mixers in the Dual processor so what's wrong with identifying them separately???
The spacing in the Modulo, that obviously is to do with the fact that there is uniformity across all 3 panels (except for the Sequencer) to have 8 rows per column - well that's my take on it
Should be grateful the panels are available instead of nit-picking.
jersupereq
Don’t get me wrong I am very grateful that they are available again, much easier to work with than the paperface ones I’ve been making. I’m even more excited that the preamp detector is coming in April. Are there more modules planned after this first batch?
Gandalf
jersupereq wrote:
Don’t get me wrong I am very grateful that they are available again, much easier to work with than the paperface ones I’ve been making. I’m even more excited that the preamp detector is coming in April. Are there more modules planned after this first batch?

So far the ELBY Designs site show the Serge NCOM, Serge Preamp-Detector, Serge Quantizer so I am sure there are more to come.
nurbivore
My SWAMP arrived! Looks pretty darn nice to me! Maybe a little old fashioned next to all my LW panels, but I'll make do. smile







Reality Checkpoint
Thank you for the pictures.

I think they look just fine. I am going to have to think seriously about this.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY  
Page 1 of 1
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group