MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

more bad Moog Audio Mtl experience: no mail order support
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Modular Synth General Discussion  
Author more bad Moog Audio Mtl experience: no mail order support
JES
[snip]

Apologies to Moog Music and to anyone who came here to read about them. I clarified the title. I've never had anything but outstanding service from Moog Music in North Carolina and they build great stuff.

I was complaining about Moog Audio -- the store in Toronto and Montreal that probably shouldn't be using Robert Moog's last name -- refusing to help or believe me when a web order was misdelivered, despite the signature demonstrably not being mine or my wife's.

Turns out the package was delivered to the wrong address, so I got to meet a neighbour a block over. Nice guy.

So a happy ending for this story. I am again* left wondering if I am a pushover for supporting a local synth store that treats people badly, though. Because, you know, it is nice to have a local synth store.

*if I'd thought about it more carefully, I would have just revived an old thread I started in 2015.
ranix
if Moog still won't give you a refund your credit card company might if you share this story with them
JES
Thanks. I'll wait for the investigation to finish before I go to my credit card company.

I just wish I didn't have to beg to get them to take it seriously (and judging by the replies, they still don't).
Gizmo
"Moog" here refers to "Moog Audio" an electronics retailer with location(s) in Canada, and not "Moog Music" the synthesizer manufacturer in Asheville, North Carolina, USA.
thispoison
OP should clarify this fairly quickly I hope? Title change seems appropriate?
Gyroscope
Always had very good service from Moog Audio in Montreal. Maybe you're the problem.
JES
It's always nice to receive support from strangers on the internet.

Thank you.

Final update: They actually sent me an apology this morning.

hopefully, that's [/thread].
acidbob
Well, they probably were waiting for some resolution to the problem, and usually the tracking company covers any problems with items not being delivering and they can provide the signature, it's not completely uncommon that problems occur and they just happen to be very chill about it. But as a customer I can understand the frustration.

I mostly shop at Thomann in Germany and they are very very nice, I occasionally had problems but shit happens you know
Gyroscope
Maybe don't create a thread bashing Moog Audio for little problems if you don't want them closing down. Imagine having only Steve's and Nantel as options in Montreal.
ranix
Gyroscope wrote:
Maybe don't create a thread bashing Moog Audio for little problems if you don't want them closing down. Imagine having only Steve's and Nantel as options in Montreal.

they really did need to apologize in this case. The seller should immediately contact the shipping company if an expensive order goes missing or appears to be delivered to the wrong address. The customer should not be left on their own to defend their investment. This thread was totally on target.

The last time Amazon had something delivered to the wrong address for me and I saw the status change to "delivered" I contacted their customer service and they had the delivery company dispatch a truck just to collect the package from the wrong address and redeliver it to me.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Modular Synth General Discussion  
Page 1 of 1