MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Should the signal flow here?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY  
Author Should the signal flow here?
batchas
As I have an issue in a proto I am building I’m trying to find the error.

I have this component:
ADP150AUJZ-3.0-R7
https://www.mouser.fr/datasheet/2/609/ADP150-1503284.pdf
When I trace continuity outside of a circuit, the component alone so to say,
Pin 1 (Vin) and pin 2 (GND) are connected.
I think it makes no sense that Vin and GND connect.
The component is dead isn’t it?
djs
Looking at the block diagram on page 11- no they should not be connected.

But just to be sure, you are checking the right pins? smile
Synthiq
There is some 10uA internal current consumption if the chip is enabled so it shouldn't look like a complete disconnect between pin 1 and 2. If you happened to apply the negative voltage to pin 1 you can also measure a normally reverse biased diode between the two pins. Try to switch the two leads when you do the continuity test to see if the result is the same or not.
slow_riot
Is there a short on the board itself? When prototyping it's always more often that the fault is user error.
batchas
Thank you for all answers.

Synthiq wrote:
Try to switch the two leads when you do the continuity test to see if the result is the same or not.

It was the same result when I tested.

slow_riot wrote:
Is there a short on the board itself? When prototyping it's always more often that the fault is user error.

I'm tracking the error, this is why I got to be sure where is the source. I think it is a MB1S that was oriented badly (again trying to figure out Diptrace/Eagle pattern import errors), so I look now at the other components which might have been affected, because I bypassed the MB1S and the error persists.
GND being connected to +5V making a mess. So I'm looking for shorts and except the Beads, there's this ADP150AUJZ-3.0-R7 which is the one which can connect GND and +5V together.
So I took it out of the board and checked as mentionned in original post, Vin and GND pins on this component.

It shows me once more that it is not wise to order single components for the prototype phase. If I had at least 2 of this component, I could simply compare and replace easely.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY  
Page 1 of 1