MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Emu E4K Turbo
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear  
Author Emu E4K Turbo
coolshirtdotjpg
Hi all, I just grabbed an E4K Turbo. I can't any info about this particular model on the internet. It's basically the same as the E4K, but has a 1 gig hard drive. I'm not sure if anyone knows the pricing for these? I've seen anywhere from 500-1,400 for the regular E4K, on the internet. I grabbed mine from a thriftstore on the cheap. Everything works, and I may keep it, but it would be great to find out its value if I end up selling it. I'd love to find any information about it, just generally.

Thanks.

CF3
$500 - $1000 is reasonable for one of those (depending on the condition and options, etc). IMO the hard drive doesn't really add much to the value. In fact, first thing I would do is replace it with a modern solution, like a SCSI2SD. I'd be nervous saving a lot of crucial work on a 20+ year old drive.

That generation of E4's really sound nice, BTW. Good score. Guinness ftw!
coolshirtdotjpg
CF3 wrote:
$500 - $1000 is reasonable for one of those (depending on the condition and options, etc). IMO the hard drive doesn't really add much to the value. In fact, first thing I would do is replace it with a modern solution, like a SCSI2SD. I'd be nervous saving a lot of crucial work on a 20+ year old drive.

Yeah, the only reason I am even slightly on the fence is that I have a JV-1080 that sounds great and takes up way less space. Even as a controller though, this is an amazing instrument. Within half an hour or so I was able to record, stack a voice, navigate the hard drive, manipulate effects, reroute "cords", etc. It's so intuitive. Also, I couldn't believe how powerful it was as far as polyphony. You could create such huge sound pads with.
CF3
coolshirtdotjpg wrote:
CF3 wrote:

Yeah, the only reason I am even slightly on the fence is that I have a JV-1080 that sounds great and takes up way less space. Even as a controller though, this is an amazing instrument. Within half an hour or so I was able to record, stack a voice, navigate the hard drive, manipulate effects, reroute "cords", etc. It's so intuitive. Also, I couldn't believe how powerful it was as far as polyphony. You could create such huge sound pads with.

This is my favorite thing to do with these E-MU samplers. The way you can group and stack voices (or whole Presets) is amazing. It has better programming facilities than most synths. You can make some incredible “soundscape” patches with tons of layers and modulation going all over the place. Obviously the filters sound amazing too. The keyboard versions are really cool too because they’re self contained instruments.

Throw a SCSI2SD in it, get a copy of Translator 6 to convert .wav (or just about anything else) to e4 programs, and you’re all set.
coolshirtdotjpg
CF3 wrote:
coolshirtdotjpg wrote:
CF3 wrote:

This is my favorite thing to do with these E-MU samplers. The way you can group and stack voices (or whole Presets) is amazing. It has better programming facilities than most synths. You can make some incredible “soundscape” patches with tons of layers and modulation going all over the place. Obviously the filters sound amazing too. The keyboard versions are really cool too because they’re self contained instruments.

Throw a SCSI2SD in it, get a copy of Translator 6 to convert .wav (or just about anything else) to e4 programs, and you’re all set.

That sounds great. I'll look into it. Right now, I'm just sampling through the stereo record ins, but I was immediately thinking about importing the same library from my 1010 bitbox.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear  
Page 1 of 1