MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Where does it go?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Modular Synth General Discussion  
Author Where does it go?
Idk Probly
I know it goes somewhere. I'm wondering if anyone has experienced something like this, about a strange effect patching in eurorack or semi-modulars and "losing" an oscillator...not in a malfunctioning way but more losing the path, falling in the hole in the forest and finding your way out, like an immersion technique in liminal time .just focusin on the other source that when you go back to the first, you can't find it, can't hear it, you check every parameter and they have no effect...but you know the vco is in there hiding behind a fil.the sequence keeps going but you're all out of ideas so you flick a switch or pull a cable and BLAAAArldppp there it disheveled and frazzled like a teenager coming home at 7 am with pupils big as dinner plates but you don't want to be too hard on him because you were young once too so you give him a glass of OJ and a low pass filter to calm him down.
Then just drink coffee and sigh.
kineticturtle
I mean, yeah, I guess, back when my system was big enough to lose track of what I had already done. Happens when arranging music for large ensembles too, eventually the 2nd clarinet raises their hand and says "uhh is there a reason I'm playing at mezzo-piano here? nobody can hear me".
chachi
tennagers, pfft.
moremagic
Dave Peck
Stuff like that happens in a complex mixdown too, only sometimes the opposite - you CAN hear something, in the background on some track, and you want to adjust it somehow, so you start solo-ing tracks to find where the sound is coming from, but it doesn't seem apparent when listening to the individual tracks, only when you un-solo and hear the whole mix..... where the hell is that COMING from??

sad banana
Blairio
Dave Peck wrote:
Stuff like that happens in a complex mixdown too, only sometimes the opposite - you CAN hear something, in the background on some track, and you want to adjust it somehow, so you start solo-ing tracks to find where the sound is coming from, but it doesn't seem apparent when listening to the individual tracks, only when you un-solo and hear the whole mix..... where the hell is that COMING from??

sad banana

Yup, sometimes the content of two different tracks in a mix will modulate each other, generating overtones & harmonics not present in either track. I don't find this surprising, as that's how FM synthesis works.

You can also get weird stuff like this from not great loudspeakers whose drivers have break up modes that are all over the place.
wiggies
Sometimes it's bad patch cables ...
cptnal
Obviously The Patch has evolved and developed sentient thought. woah

In my case it's normally that a cable has come loose from the Disting.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Modular Synth General Discussion  
Page 1 of 1