MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Korg35 style ms-20 filter kit?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Modular Synth General Discussion  
Author Korg35 style ms-20 filter kit?
draxsonimy
What options are there currently for a early style ms-20 filter in a kit or at least a pcb?

Thanks guys!
abelovesfun
The Befaco MS-20 is the early MS-20 filter. Mine (AI004) is a late version.
Happy building!
TOPLEL
abelovesfun wrote:
The Befaco MS-20 is the early MS-20 filter. Mine (AI004) is a late version.
Happy building!


Befaco currently sells the BF22 which looks like a dual MS20 filter with some extra stuff. Is the core of the filter still a Korg35 copy? (i see stuff like 2SC1623
in the core so probably it is the early filter)
abelovesfun
Yes I believe so. I would contact them to be sure. I have a half working version if you want to buy it and fix it ;p
Dstepatl
I have been looking at MS 20 filters as well as I try to get into Euro rack, have not made any module purchases, just a tiptop mantis case, and won't until I have a firm grasp on things and a more through plan for what I wish to accomplish other than continue creating hiphop, and to expand on my Moog grandmother. Ms20 filter definitely in my plans, though. Is befacco a good one?
abelovesfun
The Befaco is the early MS-20 model. Vintage Synth Lab also makes one, but the Befaco is the only DIY one I am aware of. I think Manhattan Analog makes an early Korg35 filter too. The Korg35 is a totally different topology then the later one that I and others offer. The later one is the more squelchy version, and the early one can be found on earlier korg models and on the volca bass. So it is good if you want the early ms-20 sound, but bad if you want the later MS-20 sound. The later one is typically talked about when people talk about the Ms-20 and is the one used in the MS-20 mini.

Dstepatl wrote:
I have been looking at MS 20 filters as well as I try to get into Euro rack, have not made any module purchases, just a tiptop mantis case, and won't until I have a firm grasp on things and a more through plan for what I wish to accomplish other than continue creating hiphop, and to expand on my Moog grandmother. Ms20 filter definitely in my plans, though. Is befacco a good one?
Dstepatl
abelovesfun wrote:
The Befaco is the early MS-20 model. Vintage Synth Lab also makes one, but the Befaco is the only DIY one I am aware of. I think Manhattan Analog makes an early Korg35 filter too. The Korg35 is a totally different topology then the later one that I and others offer. The later one is the more squelchy version, and the early one can be found on earlier korg models and on the volca bass. So it is good if you want the early ms-20 sound, but bad if you want the later MS-20 sound. The later one is typically talked about when people talk about the Ms-20 and is the one used in the MS-20 mini.

Dstepatl wrote:
I have been looking at MS 20 filters as well as I try to get into Euro rack, have not made any module purchases, just a tiptop mantis case, and won't until I have a firm grasp on things and a more through plan for what I wish to accomplish other than continue creating hiphop, and to expand on my Moog grandmother. Ms20 filter definitely in my plans, though. Is befacco a good one?


OK thank you, I appreciate your response. I did not know that.
acidbob
? ? ? https://manhattananalog.com/products/ma35 ? ? ?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Modular Synth General Discussion  
Page 1 of 1
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group