MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Befaco STMIX - 4 Channel Stereo Mixer
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Author Befaco STMIX - 4 Channel Stereo Mixer
Phitar
Anyone have one of these? Would love to hear your input.
Since I don't currently have a stereo mixer I'm very interested at this price range (for DIY kit anywho ...)

Available as DIY and assembled.

Site verbage reads:

Stmix is a compact 4 channel stereo mixer with an Auxilliar input. This input will allow us to chain a few of them or to insert an extra fifth input.
This module is compatible with our Hexmix system, and can be internally connected to hexmix module to add the output of STMIX to your main mix.

FEATURES

– Four channels stereo inputs with volume control

– Aux input straight to the Mix out

– Level metter LEDs

– Connector in the back to interface with Hexmix module.

SPECS

– Current needs: +12V: 8mA, -12V: 10mA

– Width: 6 HP

– Depth: 20 mm

– Alluminium, heat-treated front panel

– Designed, kits prepared and completed modules assembled in Barcelona
Buyakasoundman
I think this will be my first DIY. Nice and cheap, and supposedly an easy build.
Muff McMuff
You have probably seen the video but...

Phitar
Just finished building this. Works as advertised.

I'm now able to wiggle in Stereo! nanners

Just have to add knobs and squeeze it into the rack; but that can wait till morning.

Too late here for us old farts! you kids get off my lawn

Nite all... Time for me to dream of wires.
brandonlogic
this dang thing is sold out EVERYWHERE (US retailers) waah
JFane
Really want to get one of these but they seem impossible to find...
batch
JFane wrote:
Really want to get one of these but they seem impossible to find...

Agree. Have had one on order from a Perfect Circuit for 2 months.
gringostar
Question for those that have this, is the Aux input a stereo pair or is it two mono inputs? The manual doesn't say and it's not labeled like the 4 stereo pair inputs.
Phitar
gringostar wrote:
Question for those that have this, is the Aux input a stereo pair or is it two mono inputs? The manual doesn't say and it's not labeled like the 4 stereo pair inputs.

It's is essentially a stereo pair. Same as the other channels but without the volume/mix pot. A single input to the top aux jack will output on both left and right outputs. A single input to the bottom aux input outputs to right only.

Edit: I use the aux input for sub mix in from other mixers outputs where I have already got the levels where I want them.
knochenfabrik
Hello, guys! Anyone who has built or owns the Befaco STMix has expirienced an issue where the volume knobs of some channels also change the balance of the signal? For me, the two lower channels work nice but the upper 2 also move the signal kind of from left to right when increasing the volume with one of the potentiometers.

I thought of Potentiometer-inaccuracy but it appears strange to me that i only got the problem on 2 of 4 channels.

Maybe someone hast thoughts about this issue. I would be very thankfull for any help.

Br, Alex
cackland
Sounds like one of the potentiometers gangs (right) is receiving more signal than the other, or the left is lacking in signal which causes the human ear to seems as if the signal pans from left to right.

I would trace the right gang on the pot (follow the schematic befaco provide via their website) and see if there is a soldering issue or perhaps a component (resistor) value might not be correct which is causing the issue.
batch
For those interested in this module - I just got notice that Perfect Circuit has them in stock again. I gave up and ended up doing the DIY route - it’s an easy build though the last step is a little fiddly.

Great module.
honeysmack
does anyone know if the STMIx is connected to the Hexmix, is it post or pre EQ on the master?
batch
Goes straight in like the stereo return channels
honeysmack
so that's pre-EQ?
batch
Yes, pre master EQ.

I just triple checked this on my setup and can confirm it’s pre Eq.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Page 1 of 1