MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Wild Prices on Spaceman Effects!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Guitars, Basses, Amps & FX  
Author Wild Prices on Spaceman Effects!
smetak
Don't really get this:

https://reverb.com/shop/spaceman?showsold=true

Especially for their older effects like the Gemini and Sputnik, some that were sold for US$1,500 or even 2000.....

I have their earliest creation - the Rumblefuzz, which is today sold at skyrocket prices.

Its a decent fuzz, not bad - though I prefer the effect by SolidGold or the tone you can get from CBA's very fine, very versatile "Brothers".

Have no idea the reason for the pricetag on these early Spaceman boxes. Wild!
numan7
That's pretty crazy. I've got their phaser pedal. And yeah, it's decent - not bad (and not noticeably better than MXR sound-wise).

I didn't know reverb.com did "live auctions" for normal stuff.

cheers
TranscendMoreDimensions
numan7 wrote:
That's pretty crazy. I've got their phaser pedal. And yeah, it's decent - not bad (and not noticeably better than MXR sound-wise).

I didn't know reverb.com did "live auctions" for normal stuff.

cheers

I have the Explorer as well. I was a bit underwhelmed when I first got it. It seems like you either have way to much phase or not enough. I have grown to like it through experimenting and finding the sweet spots, and I'd probably never part with it. Sounds great on my Moog mono. I could never justify paying the prices for the rare limited edition pedals though. Totally absurd.
gringostar
I had a limited edition Saturn V that I got on sale before they really took off but sold it a few years ago because I really couldn't justify having a pedal worth that much given my skill level. That one pedal funded almost the entire pedal board I use now though so that's nice at lest.
Summa
you should take the "sold" tag with a pinch of salt as they rarely reflects the actual sale price, often it's a placeholder for a future sale on reverb. But yeah generally the prices on some older pedals are way up there, makes me wonder why people would lust for something to that extent..
Rex Coil 7
Summa wrote:
you should take the "sold" tag with a pinch of salt as they rarely reflects the actual sale price, often it's a placeholder for a future sale on reverb. But yeah generally the prices on some older pedals are way up there, makes me wonder why people would lust for something to that extent..

"There's a sucker born every minute" (P.T. Barnum of the Barnum and Bailey Circus).

hihi
Space Jazzer
Yep, it's pretty crazy. I got the original Sputnik a couple of years ago, in one of the most limited finishes as I was drawn into the whole vibe, and really liked the drift mode. Today, I couldn't do it. Too much dough.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Guitars, Basses, Amps & FX  
Page 1 of 1