MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

2600 Compact
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next [all]
Author 2600 Compact
dKRelease
Coming soon in Eurorack, the 2600 Compact

Panels and PCB's to be made available

Cheers

Dan
miles_macquarrie
What an incredible tease. No photos or other info?

Edit: Pictures didn't show up at first load. Following this with interest.
dKRelease
sorry i was having an issue with uploading the pics. Here for any questions...
mritenburg
Which filter? 4012? 4072?

I prefer the 4012 personally.
sitarman
What, no reverb?
Branko
Through-hole or SMD?

Is there a sign up list or will the release be a free for all?
Randy
Please no reverb (or speakers). I cannot understand why the 2600 clones have continued to include those out-dated and completely unnecessary bits.
dKRelease
mritenburg wrote:
Which filter? 4012? 4072?

I prefer the 4012 personally.

4012 thumbs up
dKRelease
sitarman wrote:
What, no reverb?

Yeah reverb will be included in the mixer module, as per the original. I should've made that clearer.
dKRelease
Branko wrote:
Through-hole or SMD?

Is there a sign up list or will the release be a free for all?

100% through hole.

No sign up list or anything like that at this point. Tbh i intend to make this permanently available to anyone interested so it shouldn't be an issue. Stock/packaging/shipping etc is all greatly simplified by this being in Eurorack format and so i see no reason to stop taking orders once it is complete.
dKRelease
Randy wrote:
Please no reverb (or speakers). I cannot understand why the 2600 clones have continued to include those out-dated and completely unnecessary bits.

Reverb will be included as i'd imagine theres as many who would want it as there are that don't. However you could always choose to omit the reverb if that worked better for you.

Speakers will be omitted as it makes no sense to include them in a eurorack setup. The power supply from the original will also not be included.
The Junglechrist
Super GAS !!!!!!
Luap
Randy wrote:

Yeah, maybe don't include those outdated oscillators and filter too.. hmmm.....
SOPiiAC
What kind of hp we talkin per row?
Bartimaeus
These look great! I'm a little skeptical of "permanently available" since a lot of those intentions have fallen through in the past, but I'm extremely interested in picking up the diy option.

By the way, how are you dealing with the internal routing between modules?
dKRelease
SOPiiAC wrote:

The way I have it configured, it is 3 rows of 96hp, which is essentially 4hp per fader/jack.
boubi
Interesting. Oscillators based on 4027-1?
bwhittington
Randy wrote:

Couldn't agree more regarding speakers. Small speakers do not really monitor the frequency range of our synths well. Couldn't agree less regarding reverb, though. I'd be interested in your thoughts on that. Do you prefer digital to springs, maybe because of noise?
intuitionnyc
bwhittington wrote:
Randy wrote:

Couldn't agree more regarding speakers. Small speakers do not really monitor the frequency range of our synths well. Couldn't agree less regarding reverb, though. I'd be interested in your thoughts on that. Do you prefer digital to springs, maybe because of noise?

One thing that is fun to do with the speakers is record the lo-fi nature back into the box. Depends on what sound you are going for. It's also an immediate tool if you don't want to hook your 2600 up to a rig.

WITH THAT SAID, if they were separate modules (like Intellijel's boombox) then there is no harm really.
Randy
Luap wrote:
Randy wrote:

Yeah, maybe don't include those outdated oscillators and filter too.. hmmm.....

Yes, I hadn't thought of that and thanks so much for that valid comparison.

Anyways...

Regarding the reverb, there are so many outboard ways to do this now-a-days, why bother including it in the box? Same for the speakers. Unless you are performing in a quiet lab, I'd think most people have headphones or speakers or something amplification-ish.
jamos
How do you plan to do the normalization in a Eurorack system?

Frankly given the way modular synthesis has progressed since the days of the 2600 I don't see much appeal here,
mritenburg
dKRelease wrote:
SOPiiAC wrote:

The way I have it configured, it is 3 rows of 96hp, which is essentially 4hp per fader/jack.

I'm super excited about this, but you might rethink that 96hp number and rework the modules so they align with the 84/168 HP "standard."

I put standard in quote because I'm fully aware that it is a loose standard.
Jaytee
Randy wrote:

IMHO, the speakers and reverb are awesome. They’re part of what makes the 2600 such a unique instrument, and I don’t really see what makes them outdated. I can understand why some folks don’t want or need them, but look at it this way: leaving out the speakers gives you lots of room for mods wink
pines
How about making the envelope generators independently triggerable?
dKRelease
boubi wrote:
Interesting. Oscillators based on 4027-1?

Yes
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next [all]
Page 1 of 4