MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

My new 12U live case and placement of performance modules
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Play Out! Performance Modulars  
Author My new 12U live case and placement of performance modules
sbmani
Finally have my performance case fully setup. First gig with this new case is in a month! I like keeping the most playable / performative modules down below so I can interact with them without obstruction from patch cables. Anyone else have other configurations they like for more performative modules?

xthrasherx
I’m also working on a 12u performance case, my general setup from bottom to top is: sequencing and fx (the most hands on, wiggly stuff), drums and mixer (I use the wmd performance mixer), non-interactive modulation and set&forget modules, and finally hands on modulation / complex oscillators / filters. For the most part this keeps the bulk of the cables in the area I don’t need to worry about/ would be difficult to twist knobs anyway and keeps the fun stuff still easily accessible.
c0rpse
I run my 12U in a side by side configuration so my performance is not obscured to the audience. An added benefit is that it gives me 208Hp of "bottom" row. It also means the cables run horizontally down the center of the system. No cables hanging over modules.
xthrasherx
c0rpse wrote:
I run my 12U in a side by side configuration so my performance is not obscured to the audience. An added benefit is that it gives me 208Hp of "bottom" row. It also means the cables run horizontally down the center of the system. No cables hanging over modules.

Are your “top” and “bottom” cases a similar depth? I’ve debated doing something similar, but my monorocket case has a shallow bottom compared to the top which makes a side by side configuration a tad annoying (flush mount on the bottom, “sunk” in on the top). I can see the advantages though.
Virusinstaller
Looks like a good use of HP. Should be able to do plenty with that live.
minigmgoit
I would put the stuff you need to wiggle along the top and bottom rows as you'll have easiest access to those 2 rows.
OB1
minigmgoit wrote:
I would put the stuff you need to wiggle along the top and bottom rows as you'll have easiest access to those 2 rows.

Yep, this. This is how I have my 12U suitcase set up. Hands on sequencers and mixers in the bottom row, filters and other things I like to tweak in the top row, stuff that doesn't need so much interaction in the middle two.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Play Out! Performance Modulars  
Page 1 of 1