MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Bluetooth -> FH-2
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Expert Sleepers  
Author Bluetooth -> FH-2
Skoddie
I preordered a Sensel Morph with the Thunder overlay today and am planning on picking up an FH-2 to integrate it with my euro system.

Now I have no issues with connecting the USB lead directly between the two, but considering that the Morph has bluetooth onboard the idea of being able to move around during live performances has a certain level of appeal. I'm wondering if there's a reasonable way to accomplish this?

Now I'm well aware there are pint-sized USB bluetooth dongles on the market, I assume that they require drivers that cannot, and will not ever be compatible with the FH-2. My next thought was some type of bluetooth dongle that makes the FH-2 think it's plugged into a piece of hardware, but I don't think those dongles work that way at all. Maybe using an rPi Zero W as a go-between is doable? The Morph pairs with the Pi, which then sends MIDI over USB to the FH-2.

This seems too cool to pass up, does anybody have thoughts on this?
os
Some Bluetooth dongles certainly work (video shows FH-1, but FH-2 is the same):

Skoddie
Dang, I underestimated the power of the FH-2! This is awesome news!
midilifestyle
For anyone who's interested in doing this but with an ipad as the bluetooth "instrument," I have decent luck sending note information from my ipad wirelesly via bluetooth to a yamaha ud-bt01. The Ud-bt01 has to be plugged into usb power, and from there I run a usb a to usb c cable to the FH-2.

Pretty sweet to sequence my modular with e.g., tnr-i wirelessly

(Link to dongle thingy: https://www.amazon.com/Yamaha-Wireless-Host-MIDI-Adapter/dp/B01CFOHF9M  /ref=asc_df_B01CFOHF9M/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=31223275891 9&hvpos=1o6&hvnetw=g&hvrand=12533815831731467092&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt =&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9021731&hvtargid=pla-4933708655 95&psc=1&tag=&ref=&adgrpid=61623488305&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvadid=31223275 8919&hvpos=1o6&hvnetw=g&hvrand=12533815831731467092&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvd vcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9021731&hvtargid=pla-493370865595)
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Expert Sleepers  
Page 1 of 1