MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Full size Boog mod
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author Full size Boog mod
m0n0mania
Has anyone looked at the possibility of making a full-sized panel for the Behringer Model D yet? I find the teeny weeniness of it frustrating and yes, I am old, have a ponytail and a 5u.
I've searched around but not seen it done yet...
fmbeaumont
Love to see that also!
masterofstuff124
I would love to participate in a Boog conversion thread/groubuy, etc. Full size moog starting to look attainable. big old BOOG emblem on the back! plus add some mods(havent seen anyone doing mods to the behringer mini yet?) and extra modules features effects.

keys, case, panel.
devinw1
How would that work though? All the pots and switches are laid out as they are on one PCB. You’de basically be re doing the whole thing no?
revtor
Would cost money
devinw1
If yer gonna spend money why not just build the GuinGuin mini moog? It looks nice AF from what I’ve seen
Shledge
devinw1 wrote:
How would that work though? All the pots and switches are laid out as they are on one PCB. You’de basically be re doing the whole thing no?

Should only be a matter of taking the original switches/pots/jacks off and soldering wires to larger versions on the front panel. These components are through hole AFAIK so it shouldn't be too difficult.
electricanada
masterofstuff124 wrote:
I would love to participate in a Boog conversion thread/groubuy, etc. Full size moog starting to look attainable. big old BOOG emblem on the back! plus add some mods(havent seen anyone doing mods to the behringer mini yet?) and extra modules features effects.

keys, case, panel.

There is a guy posting mods on gearsl*tz. He's taken it pretty far already.
Funch
Shledge wrote:
devinw1 wrote:

Should only be a matter of taking the original switches/pots/jacks off and soldering wires to larger versions on the front panel. These components are through hole AFAIK so it shouldn't be too difficult.
agree, then those components could upgraded to something more substantial then Behringer's choice like placing nuts on the Jack's so they don't wobble.
sizone
devinw1 wrote:
If yer gonna spend money why not just build the GuinGuin mini moog? It looks nice AF from what I’ve seen

or fullsizeify a roland se-02 and get, you know, modern synth features as well.
Shledge
Funch wrote:
Shledge wrote:
devinw1 wrote:

agree, then those components could upgraded to something more substantial then Behringer's choice like placing nuts on the Jack's so they don't wobble.

This is about modifying it to be put on a large panel, not to use it as an excuse to take snipes at an "issue" that only seems to bother you.
masterofstuff124
THE POTS AND SWITCHES ARENT MOUNTED TO THE PANEL> VOMITS ON SELF> i hate that. so wobbly.

https://www.gearslutz.com/board/modular-mania-all-things-eurorack-and- modular-synths-effects/1218816-behringer-model-d-diy-mods.html?highlig ht=minimoog+mod

OOOoooo very nice
Funch
Shledge wrote:
Funch wrote:
Shledge wrote:
devinw1 wrote:

This is about modifying it to be put on a large panel, not to use it as an excuse to take snipes at an "issue" that only seems to bother you.
oh no, it would be the perfect time to upgrade the jacks and switches. Its not rocket science.
LektroiD
Shledge wrote:
devinw1 wrote:

Better still, replace the 9mm pots with 3 pin headers
Troubleshooter
I did it to the Crowminius pcb so it surely can be done to the Boog pcb.

Look at "Presenting: Crowminius" page 41 on MW.

Picture file

And no it is not that expensive at all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9u3dSwrqKPk
Troubleshooter
For CAD files PM me.
a100user
Troubleshooter wrote:
I did it to the Crowminius pcb so it surely can be done to the Boog pcb.

Look at "Presenting: Crowminius" page 41 on MW.

Picture file

And no it is not that expensive at all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9u3dSwrqKPk

Very nice work there Troubleshooter - looks exquisite.
masterofstuff124
cad files https://grabcad.com/library/moog-minimoog-model-d-1

plus some others and plenty of discussion about dimensions all over the net.
Troubleshooter
masterofstuff124 wrote:
cad files https://grabcad.com/library/moog-minimoog-model-d-1

plus some others and plenty of discussion about dimensions all over the net.

I did not use that drawing. My dimensions are based around hardware you can actually order like Fatar keybeds, digikey switches etc...and ready for CNC manuafacturing the induvudual parts.

Does that rendered drawing contain the internals aswell?
m0n0mania
That's a really nice job, can you tell me where you sources your knobs & switches from please?
m0n0mania
Doppelposten
Troubleshooter
m0n0mania wrote:
That's a really nice job, can you tell me where you sources your knobs & switches from please?

Switches from Digikey, Knobs from Musikding
Kevin Mitchell
Someone has done this before. They replaced it with the MME board and sold off their BOOG.

Broadwave wrote:
After too-ing and fro-ing, I put the MME back in the case and sold the Behringer - Shamefully, I've STILL not tidied up the wiring hihi

m0n0mania
Could you point me at those DigiKey switches? I can't think any easy way to filter the massive results I'm getting searching for rocker switches...
Kevin Mitchell
Blue
Red
White
Black

Small Knob
Large Knob
Pointer Knob

Actual switches are orange instead of red and light blue instead of dark. But those aren't readily available.

-KM
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2