MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

"B plays when A doesn't play" Boolean logic Q
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Author "B plays when A doesn't play" Boolean logic Q
Jaypee
How would you patch to get this result (in red below)?

It's so simple I'm having a very frustrating moment:

I have a Logic 166.

Cheers!
Rigo
You want (NOT A) AND B, so first patch A in an inverter (the bottom ones), and then take that output together with B in on of the upper parts and take the AND output.
Joe.
B AND NOT A
Joe.
Fine then razz
MRoyce
(NOT A) AND (B) should do the trick. In patch terms I would patch B into a VCA input, invert and offset A, so that it's in the positive voltage range, and put that into the VCA CV-in. On the A-166 I'd patch B into input 1, A into the invert function and then into input 2. The AND-output of the first logic block should be what you want.

Edith: Apparently I'm not the only one who likes light logic puzzles on a sunday morning wink
flashheart
Beaten me to it...
ben_hex
FORUM TO THE RESCUE!

I love it when something gets answered quickly and people figure stuff out. No involvement from me of course just sharing some love for the forum It's peanut butter jelly time!
Jaypee
I remembered I did it in a session, but my brain refused to work this morning LOL

thank you, you guys are the best!

If anyone interested, here is the sheet I did, inc. basic operations (not visible in the screen shot posted above)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1N8U25a3swj4MnJ7PIYm7DaekNePm5f QIcDYOi_VCR_w/edit?usp=sharing
electricanada
Invert a square wave LFO. Send the original to A's VCA, and the inversion to B's VCA.
Jaypee
Ok I had to delay the track B (veerrryyy slightly) and make the gate shorter than track A.

Works perfectly now!
Jaypee
Guys, how do you deal with timing delay in such patches?

In this example, I have to invert the track A before Patching into one of the inputs. This way, there is a very very delay between the two track compared and so I have a very small trigger (the length of that trigger is equal to the delay=time for track A to be inverted).

How can I get rid of it?
sir stony
I'd use the A162 before the logic to adjust the timing. I reduced the timing caps on mine as the stock 2ms minimum value is somewhat coarse to fiddle with such miniscule adjustments.
EATyourGUITAR
there are two right answers. the other right answer is AND(XOR(A,B),B)
mookmoof
Or.. NAND AND B screaming goo yo
Jaypee
Yes, thanks! Now the question is how to get them perfectctly sync.

I thought about modified 162 as well! Probably the most simplest option and cheap too!
EATyourGUITAR
mookmoof wrote:
Or.. NAND AND B screaming goo yo

this is pretty smart! AND(NOT(AND(A,B)),B) = AND(NOT(A),B) = AND(XOR(A,B),B)
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Page 1 of 1