MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Pitch bend sample in ableton
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Production Techniques  
Author Pitch bend sample in ableton
acidbob
Hi,

I am pretty new to ableton and I was wondering if anyone can help me how the easiest way to pitch a sample in ableton? I am currently doing a track with hardware, the track is almost done, but to finish it off, I would like to pitch bend a sample I recorded from my Juno106. The problem is that it's not really possible to do it with the machinedrum midi machines, which I am using as sequencer.

Is there an easy way I can just pitch the sample using a sampler in ableton and how do I make sure that I dont go totally off scale? I.e. I would like to PB between two notes.

I also have the digitone, and as far as I understand it is possible to make trigless trig and use an LFO, buuut, I have been messing around with it, and it seems that the LFO's on the digitone is free-running???
acidbob
Would this be my best option https://www.ableton.com/en/manual/clip-envelopes/ or better to make a midi track in live and use PB for some of the notes I want it to affect? I have a Kenton midi merge box as well.
slumberjack
in live i use the pitch function of a clip pretty extensive. you have a global pitch of the clip and then you can draw a pitch envelope on the time line of the sample too.

you can choose the way the pitch sounds within that drop-down menu.
acidbob
Aha, I will have to give it a go. I guess you mean the transpose knob? - And just automate that.

Guess this would be the easiest way of doing it, if the sound is ok when pitching up and down.

Does that slow down/speed up the speed of the sample, or does the warp button compensate for that?
slumberjack
acidbob wrote:
Aha, I will have to give it a go. I guess you mean the transpose knob? - And just automate that.

Guess this would be the easiest way of doing it, if the sound is ok when pitching up and down.

Does that slow down/speed up the speed of the sample, or does the warp button compensate for that?

transpose is for the global pitch of the clip. for adjustments within a clip i'd suggest you pitch in the clip envelope window described in point '20.2.2 Changing Pitch and Tuning per Note' of the link you shared.

you can pitch when a clip is warped or not. if warped the clip stays on the grid if not you slow it down or speed it up.
acidbob
Greaaat, thank you so much for helping out love
slumberjack
acidbob wrote:
Greaaat, thank you so much for helping out love

...eemmm and the clip envelope isn't available when not warped.
and if warped there are a few different options of 'pitch behaviour' available in a dropdown menue.

i think this is one of the true benefits with live and bitwig. very fast and creative sample pitching.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Production Techniques  
Page 1 of 1