MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Meris Mercury 7 vs Earthquaker Avalanche Run V2
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Guitars, Basses, Amps & FX  
Author Meris Mercury 7 vs Earthquaker Avalanche Run V2
cackland
Wondering for those who have have or have used both, which you'd prefer.

I'm currently looking at both of theses as a potential considering the same price point.

I'm aware the Earthquaker is a delay unit as well, which I believe adds to the reverb quality, however do love the sound of the Meris.

Curious as to any thought / experiences with both?
smetak
Its like what I wrote yesterday on the thread about the Avalanche Run - its a nice sounding reverb, but there's not much to it in terms of effect, just a mix and a depth knob. Yeah, you can play around with the delay, but the reverb is extremely basic.

That said, it depends on what you want from a reverb - if its just some headroom, the AR fits the bill. But if you want to really go wild, the Mercury would be the box of choice. I don't have the Meris reverb, but do own the Otobit, which is an amazing effect due to the possibilities.
cackland
Yes this is what I was thinking. Meris does offer a little more customization in sound possibilities / alternate modulation / modes etc.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Guitars, Basses, Amps & FX  
Page 1 of 1