MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Stillson Hammer MK 2 - Upggrade Chip to 64 sequences ?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> The Harvestman  
Author Stillson Hammer MK 2 - Upggrade Chip to 64 sequences ?
Mercutio
Hi,

Isee in the manual that

"he storage chip is a Microchip 25LC512 in DIP
package. It stores 32 sequences. You can replace it with
a new chip, and back up the data to computer by using
the Industrial Music Electronics model 1991X-2 ROM
programmer board and a Microchip PicKit2. Do not insert
or remove the chip while the module is powered up."

I see that the microchip exist in 1024... is it compatible and is the 1024 version could store 64 sequences ?
hawkfuzz
Try it out thumbs up
temaniak
By the way: is it possible to extend sample time on TSMK2 by replacing the memory chip with more memory?
Mercutio
it's the goal of my enquiry.... i love so much my SH but 32 sequences is so frutsrating;

I'm thinking to move to eloquencer or tracker but.... SH is far more playable and fun
monads
Is the programmer still available for purchase??? I can't locate.
hawkfuzz
eBay
monads
Yep...a search yielded no results. It would be a lot easier if the company just offered in their on-line store the upgraded chip already pre-programmed. The user could then just order the drop-in replacement not worrying about the programmer board. Below is the chip specifics.

Microchip 25LC1024
1Mb 2.5V SPI Serial EEPROM
hawkfuzz
Oooh, I misunderstood and thought you were asking for the Pickit.

Hm, I've swapped the memory chip before, using the recommended one. In the next part of the manual it mentions TEST MODE. That's all I did and was good to go.

I could be wrong, but I think the programmer is to save your sequence data to your computer only.
monads
Oh, ok. I already have the PicKit for upgrading firmware. If it's that easy for the memory chip upgrade I'm gonna do that immediately then. I don't have any presets worth archiving at the moment so no big deal!

Is there another available programmer one can use to archive data though???
monads
Yeah... I tried to perform the chip upgrade following the reset instructions and it didn't work. Stilson only recognized the default 32 sequences regardless. What a bummer waah
mt3
monads wrote:
Yeah... I tried to perform the chip upgrade following the reset instructions and it didn't work. Stilson only recognized the default 32 sequences regardless. What a bummer waah

Contact IME to see if they can modify the firmware so that it supports 64 sequences. Make sure you mention you already swapped out the original chip and the module functions without issue.
thumbs up
monads
Thanks!!! I sent over an email!! I was unaware it was firmware related but that makes sense!!
monads
No response after a month waah
I guess not enough user requests for this feature waah
mt3
monads wrote:
No response after a month waah
I guess not enough user requests for this feature waah

File under unsupported. Or placed in the queue under "low priority".
Worth the shot.
Mercutio
Hi asked too but didn't receive response....
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> The Harvestman  
Page 1 of 1