MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Rossum Panharmonium Resynthesizer
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next [all]
Author Rossum Panharmonium Resynthesizer
Jumbuktu
Marco Alpert wrote:
Jumbuktu wrote:
Thanks, looking forward to it! Any heads-up on the extra features?

We've added an assignable CV function that allows you to CV control more of the real-time parameters. Also the ability to back up and restore stored presets and spectra to WAV files. Plus some additional functionality for the Tap and external clock input.

More details soon.

Thanks, I like the assignable CV idea.
tiger001
i like the backup functionality
EXITEXIT
Hope this module didn't lose its screen to appease a vocal minority more interested in simplicity and novelty than fleshed out tools. Rossum modules are easily the most intuitive and well thought out display centric modules I've used, and I'm not at all looking forward to the possibility of remembering button combos to assign CV or save spectrums. Still looking incredible, my most anticipated module this year for sure.

Has any manufacturer ever explored developing a display based control module to access deeper features of a whole range of screenless digital modules for those so inclined?
Jumbuktu
EXITEXIT wrote:
Hope this module didn't lose its screen to appease a vocal minority more interested in simplicity and novelty than fleshed out tools.

I don't think it ever had a screen. It really seems pretty intuitive as it is - not sure why it needs one. Where was the 'vocal minority'?
mdoudoroff
[never mind]
EXITEXIT
Jumbuktu wrote:

Where was the 'vocal minority'?

Rearing their empty heads to throw an autistic fit everytime a module with a screen is announced.
Zymos
EXITEXIT wrote:
Jumbuktu wrote:

Where was the 'vocal minority'?

Rearing their empty heads to throw an autistic fit everytime a module with a screen is announced.

Is this your sock puppet account you've been saving for years for lovely pronouncements such as this?
Mend
As far as I know Panharmonium never had a screen. Maybe this is merely a side effect of Panharmonium's hypnotizing capabilities?

Stay tuned.
EXITEXIT
Mend wrote:
As far as I know Panharmonium never had a screen.

I wasn’t trying to imply that it did, just that I hope they didn’t forgo one early in development solely for the sake of simplicity and analog design fetishism. The feature set as it is doesn’t necessitate a display at all as far as I’m concerned.
damase
was recently shopping alternatives for additive resynthesis to see if i really ‘need’ this module, as i likely use it more as a stereo processor for my daw anyway...

afais, there is no options anywhere that match the immediacy of this in software or hardware. correct me if im wrong please... kyma seems to have nailed the sound (used to make wall-e) but really theres no comparison for cost and learning curve at all here.
Marco Alpert
EXITEXIT wrote:
Mend wrote:
As far as I know Panharmonium never had a screen.

I wasn’t trying to imply that it did, just that I hope they didn’t forgo one early in development solely for the sake of simplicity and analog design fetishism. The feature set as it is doesn’t necessitate a display at all as far as I’m concerned.

Just jumping here here to say that there was never discussion of the inclusion of a display. And certainly no analog fetishism. Our philosophy is to use whatever technology and interface design we feel is best for each specific module.

With release a few weeks away (most likely first week in July), we've posted the final production panel and the Quick Start Guide to the web site: Panharmonium Product Page.

There's a fair amount of info in the QSG, so check it out.
starthief
Marco Alpert wrote:
With release a few weeks away (most likely first week in July), we've posted the final production panel and the Quick Start Guide to the web site: Panharmonium Product Page.

Excellent! w00t
Jumbuktu
Marco Alpert wrote:

It's peanut butter jelly time! It's peanut butter jelly time! It's peanut butter jelly time!
theflyingfridge
Is there interpolation between wave selection, or is she a jumpy glitch-bitch? Couldn’t tell from the demos and didn’t see it mentioned anywhere.

seriously, i just don't get it
Marco Alpert
theflyingfridge wrote:
Is there interpolation between wave selection, or is she a jumpy glitch-bitch? Couldn’t tell from the demos and didn’t see it mentioned anywhere.

seriously, i just don't get it

No, no interpolation. However, waveforms do always switch at slice boundaries.
Jumbuktu
Marco Alpert wrote:

That's a lot of button-pressing to access the extra options. Maybe it does need a screen? smile

This is the first time I have ever done a cheat-sheet for a module that isn't even available yet!
thetwlo
Jumbuktu wrote:

That's a lot of button-pressing to access the extra options. Maybe it does need a screen? smile

True. that's kinda weird, I guess if we don't uses those functions frequently that's fine... Pre-ordered and excited for it, I'd rather not have another screen , but if it's justified....
tiger001
would it be possible to just mutate the incoming audio, and not re-synthesize ?

(just shift warp/semi incoming audio )

what do i have to imagine with the L-FX-R audio path ?
cuttingeugen
tiger001 wrote:

I think resynthesis is just the name they used for the way this module works. Building sine waves or other waves types according to the spectra of the material you put in. You can then change these waves in various ways e.g. shift, warp...
I would also be interested to know what L-FX-R audio path means...
organon
damase wrote:
afais, there is no options anywhere that match the immediacy of this in software or hardware. correct me if im wrong please...

Well, there's Alchemy, which has an additive resynthesis engine that does pretty much the exact same thing as Panharmonium. But it's inside Logic only.

Also there's Metasynth which is much more powerful, but that is not very immediate, that's for sure.
Marco Alpert
Jumbuktu wrote:
Marco Alpert wrote:

This is the first time I have ever done a cheat-sheet for a module that isn't even available yet!

That's nice!

Do keep in mind that the Quick Start Guide is an actual printed card that comes with the unit, so you can use the back page as a reference guide (but yours is certainly cleaner).

One clarification: Once in Drums Mode, you exit Drums Mode by simply turning the Slice knob (while NOT holding the Option button).
Marco Alpert
tiger001 wrote:

No, as cuttingeugen said, it's the resynthesized audio that's mutated.

The L-FX-R routing simply passes your left and/or right inputs directly through to the left and/or right outputs, while the mono resynthesized audio appears at both the L & R outputs (so, if you're monitoring in stereo, it'll be in the middle).
Mend
Hey Marco. Can you update us on the releasedate? I can hardly wait.
Marco Alpert
Mend wrote:
Hey Marco. Can you update us on the releasedate? I can hardly wait.

It looks like we're still on track to begin shipping next week. (We should have the full manual online in the next couple of days to help you pass the time.)
Mend
Excellent. Thanks.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next [all]
Page 9 of 13