MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Rossum Panharmonium Resynthesizer
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next [all]
Author Rossum Panharmonium Resynthesizer
onthelees
Not to get too...picky, as this seems potentially amazing, but I would rather have had a "Freeze" gate input, than a "Freeze" button, I mean this is Eurorack - why have a button when you can have voltage control?
wminor
Bob Borries wrote:
[√] World class transient generator
[√] World class analog filter
[√] World class digital filter
[√] World class sampler
[√] World class Oscillator
[ ] WTF that was totally unexpected

Which module are you referring to for "transient generator". Control forge?

Can not wait to see demos of this thing. I think I might be becoming a bit of a Rossum fan-boy at this point!
thetwlo
Bob Borries wrote:
[√] World class transient generator
[√] World class analog filter
[√] World class digital filter
[√] World class sampler
[√] World class Oscillator
[ ] WTF that was totally unexpected

thumbs up yup, don't need no stinking demos, it won't be how I use it anyway, just gimme a manual, price and ship date! EDIT: missed the date and price summer and $499!
SlayerBadger!

This might be a good case for a breakout module for CV/gate extracts of the input signal, since it's processing that info anyway.
anselmi
looks vocoder-ish for me...but with internal oscillator(s) as carrier and no input...also monophonic operation, right?
thetwlo
anselmi wrote:
looks vocoder-ish for me...but with internal oscillator(s) as carrier and no input...also monophonic operation, right?

stereo ins and outs on the panel
SarahB
Ooh! What a lovely thing! Want.
Misk
man i've been loving everything coming from RE lately and this is dope and all, but nothing has ever held a candle to Kyma when it comes to real-time spectral resynthesis.

It *does* have immediacy and ease-of-use in it's favor for sure, but Kyma's really spoiled me, and I've gotten good at picking out weird-ass resynthesis artifacts — so i'm def interested to hear how this sounds when processing a wide range of spectral content. Also Peripatitis knows, he owns Kyma (there are literally TENS of us!).

peripatitis wrote:

But i guess the main question for me is it, why not morph between the presets? And what about noise?

once you've analyzed the spectra, interpolation isn't *that* hard to toss in there is it? resynthesis is cool but interpolation is sexy!

peripatitis wrote:

p.s
I wouldn't be certain though that those "as yet unnamed harmonic effects" haven't already be given a name by trevor wishart or Roger Smalley..smile

CDP kills it too, if you're not worried about real-time!
ignatius
not sure why there's no gate input for the freeze button?

otherwise yeehaw. looks great. can't wait to hear it.
thetwlo
Misk wrote:
man i've been loving everything coming from RE lately and this is dope and all, but nothing has ever held a candle to Kyma when it comes to real-time spectral resynthesis.

Well, it will sound different. With different control possibilities. Weird comparison, Symbolic Sound doesn't offer modules.
ignatius
thetwlo wrote:
Misk wrote:

Well, it will sound different. With different control possibilities. Weird comparison, Symbolic Sound doesn't offer modules.

"abandon logic all ye who enter here"
anselmi
thetwlo wrote:
anselmi wrote:

stereo ins and outs on the panel

I mean not polyphonic
AKaudio
starthief wrote:
Wow! There have been a couple of VST synthesizers that can do this, but I'm really eager to hear this particular take on it.

Would love to check these out, you have names?
bemushroomed
onthelees wrote:
I would rather have had a "Freeze" gate input, than a "Freeze" button

Yes, and i don't think its being picky, its just common sense to me.
thermisonic
I hope it doesn’t just sound like a modular Metasynth. Although I guess that would be cool too...
Portabella
I WANT IT
Jumbuktu
Grabbed my attention immediately. With this and Xaoc Odessa, looks like the year of spectral manipulation!
kay_k
I was wondering about that freeze gate too so I wrote them. I've received the reply that this is totally possible by sending 5V to blur will result in infinite blur which is exactly the same as freeze.

(btw. Marco replied in a couple of minutes to my question and immediately to my follow up mail, that is good support IMO)
starthief
AKaudio wrote:
starthief wrote:
Wow! There have been a couple of VST synthesizers that can do this, but I'm really eager to hear this particular take on it.

Would love to check these out, you have names?

Now that I'm fully awake, I feel I should point out that these aren't real time, but analyze a saved sample file and build spectral envelopes...

Camel Audio Alchemy, though unfortunately the developer went under and the plug-in was bought by Apple and is Mac-only (if it's even still available).

DiscoDSP Vertigo is the other one I can think of offhand.
peripatitis
Misk wrote:

It *does* have immediacy and ease-of-use in it's favor for sure, but Kyma's really spoiled me, and I've gotten good at picking out weird-ass resynthesis artifacts — so i'm def interested to hear how this sounds when processing a wide range of spectral content. Also Peripatitis knows, he owns Kyma (there are literally TENS of us!).

peripatitis wrote:

But i guess the main question for me is it, why not morph between the presets? And what about noise?

once you've analyzed the spectra, interpolation isn't *that* hard to toss in there is it? resynthesis is cool but interpolation is sexy!

peripatitis wrote:

p.s
I wouldn't be certain though that those "as yet unnamed harmonic effects" haven't already be given a name by trevor wishart or Roger Smalley..smile

CDP kills it too, if you're not worried about real-time!

+ 1

There is no question kyma destroys everything in that frequency domain world. It might be tricky to get great results with the limited number of oscillators and lack of deviation controls, it is though definetely adventurous, brave and a bit out of the box considering eurorack modules generally "safer choices".
Btw they could make the waveform control cv-able..
dooj88
starthief wrote:

Now that I'm fully awake, I feel I should point out that these aren't real time, but analyze a saved sample file and build spectral envelopes...

Camel Audio Alchemy, though unfortunately the developer went under and the plug-in was bought by Apple and is Mac-only (if it's even still available).

damn, good call. i've got that still running on my first gen ipad. haven't messed with it for a few years, but i seem to remember it mostly sounding like morphing between various aspects of filter settings. i'll have to look at it again.
Dragonaut
Very exciting stuff. Nicely outside of the box. Rossum is stepping up his game.
bc3
Really hope they give use some well made demos on this and more than just a trade show video with lack luster sound quality. Looking at the specifications this has the potential to be something very unique cool
Zymos
At this point, I'm totally fine with lackluster trade show video!
bc3
I wonder if this concept of analyzing the spectral content of an audio signal and driving digital oscillators could also be used to produce control voltages? I do not mean in this module design but another module using the same spectral processing engine to analyze incoming audio and in turn produce varying voltages and even trigger or gates hmmm.....
moogah
oooooh damn.. my wallet really hopes this thing ends up being disappointing..
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next [all]
Page 2 of 13