MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Rossum Panharmonium Resynthesizer
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next [all]
Author Rossum Panharmonium Resynthesizer
Dcramer
starthief wrote:
Dcramer wrote:
So is it capable of letting you redefine the resynthesis sines to you own individual tunes? Or must it always use the sines to try to recreate the input harmonics? hmmm.....

It tries to recreate the input harmonics, but you can hold down a button and turn a knob to "warp" them (different detuning per oscillator). You can sometimes get it back into harmonic territory, especially with a smaller oscillator count.

Yeah that’s what I’m wondering, can it function like a vocoder in which the partials used for resynthesis can be independently pitched from the source material?
starthief
You can transpose the whole set of partials with the V/OCT input (it's an offset from the frequencies determined by the analyzer, rather than independently pitched). That can work well if you use something else to quantize to subsets of scales (octaves, 4ths and 5ths maybe).

Warping to get a different spectrum may or may not work well alongside that, I'm not sure.

(I sold mine after realizing that for the usage I preferred, I was better off with Clouds, so I can't really test these ideas.)
Outsider Sound Design
Processing a percussion loop .
behndy
yessssssssss! saw the short version on IG, even betttttter longer. OOF.

feeding the PanHam a (technically double stop?) chord from the Acid Lab Technology Chainsaw made her come up with a neaaaaaaaat arpegiation/melody against it -

joey
Just got this thing... it’s like the instant Mika vainio machine

Marco Alpert
Our friends at Control just posted a series of four really nice Panharmonium videos. Check them out:

Panharmonium playlist.
silkynight
Marco Alpert wrote:
Our friends at Control just posted a series of four really nice Panharmonium videos. Check them out:

Panharmonium playlist.

Dope. definitely on my radar...
Dragonaut
Definitely digging the drum mangler possibilities. Are the opening sounds before each video also the Panharmonium?
Marco Alpert
Dragonaut wrote:
Definitely digging the drum mangler possibilities. Are the opening sounds before each video also the Panharmonium?

Control tells us that they are.
dubonaire
Marco Alpert wrote:

Panharmonium playlist.

These are the kinds of sounds I was hoping it could deliver and it's now on my list.
Pictus

-S.L-
tested it today in my local shop, must say it was a very interresting module with unexpected results. can be super messy but super musical too, all depends on the source you feed it also.

tempted to get one Mr. Green
mekohler
Are there any examples of running a piano through this?
FatKingTubby
mekohler wrote:

I happened to recall seeing this example using Thelonious Monk the other day on the modular subreddit.
Gringo Starr
Cool module but from all the videos I’ve seen it seems like it would rarely produce anything that would make onto a song or inspire a song. Seems like it produces a total mess. A fun mess though.
-S.L-
because 99% of videos on internet are made by modular "noise artists" that actually can't make music at all.

I tried it, you can make very musical and melodic results.

The two down sides I could say is:

1: the latency from what you put in the input and what comes out, there is some delay. Unless I missed something

2: the waveforms available are maybe too basic and not enough for more variaty.

Appart from that, I thought it was a really cool module, different that what you hear now a days, has its very own character. I'll try again to see if it's worth buying, but so far I really really liked it after one hour of use at the shop
peripatitis
-S.L- wrote:
because 99% of videos on internet are made by modular "noise artists" that actually can't make music at all.

ok so this is made to process music, not sound!
Interesting.....
-S.L-
you can totally make music with processing only, or mixed with it, entirely with it or part of it.

the question was all the videos I’ve seen it seems like it would rarely produce anything that would make onto a song or inspire a song

therefor I replied, you could totally make music (aka something with chromatic tones and pleasant harmonies) rather than "noise" or random stuff like, let's face it, most of modular demos. And nothing wrong with noise stuff either.
Gringo Starr
I should’ve specified that it probably wouldn’t make it on the typical kind of song I write. I’m sure there are plenty of musicians making music that this module would be perfect for.

One thing I’ve learned about modulars and me is that there’s always a vision I have on how a specific module is going to perform and sometimes there’s a little reality check when I get it. Doesn’t mean it’s still not useful but sometimes it’s useful in a way I wasn’t anticipating... and sometimes it’s everything that I thought it would be. The good thing about that is that it makes me research a module, be patient, and take my time before making a purchase.

This does look like a fun module though. A buddy of mine has one. I might have to make a pit stop to check it out. What’s interesting is that it sends out triggers at the slice points. No? That could yield interesting results.
peripatitis
-S.L- wrote:

...therefor I replied, you could totally make music (aka something with chromatic tones and pleasant harmonies)

That's a pretty brave definition of what music is and I clearly do not agree with it. Perhaps 100-120 years ago it might stand, but still...
And honestly you can find a lot more crap with chromatic tones and pleasant harmonies pretending to be music, even if only because they had an early start of a few hundred years...

Spectral resynthesis though does need to "bite" on something recognizable and since you are already "loosing" parts of the transient information you could end up with static spectra. In order to offer some sense of evolution or movement you usually need something less abstract. The Thelonious Monk bit is such a case, any recognizable found object will probably do the trick, but if you are feeding it abstract sounds, well then what you get back is either some sort of filtering or some sort of space. You can crossfade between the states, but it is not often that you get something rewarding unless you are prepared to build a whole structure/composition around that.
thetwlo
Still LOVE THE FUCK OUT OF IT. Albeit, I don't make "songs"
dubonaire
FatKingTubby wrote:
mekohler wrote:

I happened to recall seeing this example using Thelonious Monk the other day on the modular subreddit.

That's very cool.
-S.L-
peripatitis wrote:
-S.L- wrote:

...therefor I replied, you could totally make music (aka something with chromatic tones and pleasant harmonies)

And honestly you can find a lot more crap with chromatic tones and pleasant harmonies pretending to be music

i have to agree with that, too
peripatitis
-S.L- wrote:
peripatitis wrote:
-S.L- wrote:

And honestly you can find a lot more crap with chromatic tones and pleasant harmonies pretending to be music

i have to agree with that, too

+ 1
tuj
Just got around to checking this out. Great layout and overview on the website. Took me literally about 10 minutes to figure out everything but the presets saving and combo press stuff, but the CV assign and all that was pretty easy right from the panel. I'm bad about reading the manuals.

Another triumph for Rossum. Good stuff Dave.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next [all]
Page 12 of 13