MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Rossum Panharmonium Resynthesizer
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 [all]
Author Rossum Panharmonium Resynthesizer
boramx
a really ace module! one of the coolest things to come along in eurorack in a long time - really inspiring and fun. Great layout and control options too.

it *is* an experimental module and what I like about it is not knowing what kind of results I'll get beforehand, but I simply dig in and have go.

As for melodies...one could be very crafty and get beautiful and unique melodies all over the place with this.

Here: a Wagner sample in Morphagene fed into Panharmonium. The result was...melodic? I imagine feeding stuff from a DAW and sculpting away at the source material would really increase the overall composition potential.

click the pic for video.

-S.L-
it IS a really cool module and just like you, I think it's one of the best surprise in Eurorack land for a long time.

As I said, my only regret is the lack of variety of wav forms. That's the main thing that stops me to buy it at the moment
boramx
-S.L- wrote:

my only regret is the lack of variety of wav forms.

i don’t see this as a deterrent. perhaps the waveforms are limited compared with a wavetable osc- but formidable enough when taken in a general synthesis context.

if anything- i think a problem with a module like this is that it is like a MAX patch in a box - and that users will use it without thinking of it in the context of the rest of their system.

with 33 voices the spectrums would have to be perfect just intonation to not be a mess of harmonics with anything other than sines or triangles.

i’d rather do waveshaping or rectification or ring mods etc later in the path to get other timbres.
boramx
also-
wavetable modules like the Wiard one, Shapeshifter and Piston Honda allow you to scan the tables with saw waves - so you can set the Panharmonium to saw and get the 1000s of waveforms that way!
Jumbuktu
Personally, I don't use the more complex waveforms at all. Anything more complex than a triangle just sounds too harsh. I would prefer fewer waveforms but morphing between them.
pyrolator
boramx wrote:

Here: a Wagner sample in Morphagene fed into Panharmonium. The result was...melodic? I imagine feeding stuff from a DAW and sculpting away at the source material would really increase the overall composition potential.

This sold me on the module. I love sequencing like this and will feed it with a lot of my own compositions.... thanks for this input.
pyrolator
The module came today, and I am happy - one of the best purchases of the year. I tried it in combination with Mimeophone and Rainmaker and I took a bath in beauty....
wiperactive
pyrolator wrote:
The module came today, and I am happy - one of the best purchases of the year. I tried it in combination with Mimeophone and Rainmaker and I took a bath in beauty....

Nice to hear this! I'd like to know more of how this pairs up with the Rainmaker in particular as both of these modules are increasingly likely candidates for a next purchase.

Oh, and welcome to Muff's w00t ...

... Kurt? hmmm.....
pyrolator
wiperactive wrote:

... Kurt? hmmm.....

yes. This is fun!
wiperactive
pyrolator wrote:
wiperactive wrote:

... Kurt? hmmm.....

yes. This is fun!

Hug Schnipp!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 [all]
Page 13 of 13