MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Intellijel Quadrax
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next [all]
Author Intellijel Quadrax
Neo
Quadrax... nice. What we know so far:

4 channel AD, ASR, LFO envelope generator

4 x CV inputs! Obv 1 per channel, funtastic! No need to DIY a 2hp Quadra expander

CV's can be mapped to:
1 - rise and fall?
2 - ?
3 - rise
4 - fall
(I was wrong about this... see Update below)

4 modes:
1 - rise/fall
2 - rise/sustain/fall
3 - cycle
4 - ? (Update: it's an awesome bipolar morphable LFO SlayerBadger! )

linear/exp knobettes

14 hp

Unknowns:

Do the rise/fall knobs work as attenuators for CV inputs when CV inputs are mapped to rise/fall?

Does it remember switch states through power cycles?

What is the 2nd CV destination?

What is the 4th mode?

How much will it cost?

When can I get one?

(disclaimer... I have no inside info and any of this could be wrong)

Updates:

kisielk wrote:
A few details: the 4th mode is a bipolar LFO. The rise knob becomes rate, the the middle shape knob selects between several LFO shapes, and the fall knob is a morph that is unique to each shape.

The 4 CVs are actually freely assignable to any combination of parameters (rise, fall, shape, and level) for any of the 4 envelopes. The assignment is done via entering a “mod matrix” mode with the buttons.

The left column is not not CV assignments but sync modes. Every envelope can sync to the previous one either on trigger, end of rise, or end of cycle.

The offsets do not change into attenuators smile

The module is still a proto so some of these details may change as we move into beta testing (and front panel will definitely change). Should be released in a few months from now.

intellijel wrote:
Also of note is that in LFO mode the TRIG jack has detection so if you have a clock source then the LFO rate becomes a division of the tempo and the rate control becomes a +/- CLK div. i.e. bpm synced LFOs.

If channel above to the LFO channel is set to something other than LFO and you create a trigger dependency then the previous channel can be used to reset the LFO.

State of the Quadrax will be saved on power cycle.
cackland
Jumping the gun here I'd say.

Although I'm sure you're on the right track, we'll find out all the info in the coming days. Hopefully sooner than later wink
adnauseam
Quote:
Do the rise/fall knobs work as attenuators for CV inputs when CV inputs are mapped to rise/fall?

I sure hope not! This is a huge mistake in terms of design if you ask me. Because then you need to ADD an offset to the incoming signal. It's easy to find an attenuator - they're very common modules. It's harder to find an offset. It's even harder yet to find a module that will AMPLIFY. Modules signals should be hot from the start and knobs should never change from offsets into attenuators. Biiiig pet peave of mine.
kisielk
A few details: the 4th mode is a bipolar LFO. The rise knob becomes rate, the the middle shape knob selects between several LFO shapes, and the fall knob is a morph that is unique to each shape.

The 4 CVs are actually freely assignable to any combination of parameters (rise, fall, shape, and level) for any of the 4 envelopes. The assignment is done via entering a “mod matrix” mode with the buttons.

The left column is not not CV assignments but sync modes. Every envelope can sync to the previous one either on trigger, end of rise, or end of cycle.

The module is still a proto so some of these details may change as we move into beta testing (and front panel will definitely change). Should be released in a few months from now.
cackland
kisielk wrote:

Thanks kisielk, looking forward to hearing more.
Futuresound
Too funny, I was wondering early this morning if and when a 'Quadra 2' would arrive.

I love my quadra, and this looks like a smart evolution of it.

I'm pretty sure I would miss EOC outputs from the expander though. I guess I'll need both smile
Hovercraft
Futuresound wrote:
...I'm pretty sure I would miss EOC outputs from the expander though...

That is the beautiful thing about linking channels--you can set the second to act as an EOC output.
Neo
kisielk wrote:

Thanks kisielk, very exciting news. I've included your update in the original post for clarity. Looking forward to this beastie.
My one remaining unknown (other than price) is the power cycle save state. That would be a big plus for me.
intellijel
Also of note is that in LFO mode the TRIG jack has detection so if you have a clock source then the LFO rate becomes a division of the tempo and the rate control becomes a +/- CLK div. i.e. bpm synced LFOs.

If channel above to the LFO channel is set to something other than LFO and you create a trigger dependency then the previous channel can be used to reset the LFO.

adnauseam
This is quickly becoming a powerhouse module!

I'm very excited for the compact feature rich configuration.
Hi5
Will env shapes/snappiness be similar to the quadra? Already have 2 as they are by far my favorite envelopes. Could see dumping my contour for one of these
motorhead412
love at first sight!
cackland
motorhead412 wrote:
love at first sight!

Generally people make this comment when they've meet someone or something, so can only assume you are at Synthplex?
lisa
Looks like a great update! Four flexible envelopes with separate controls in such a small space, lovely.
sempervirent
Very nice, love my Quadra+Expander but this looks like a thoughtful improvement on the quad AD concept.
Angroc
Don't know if I missed this, but will it have both AD and AR modes? I had been considering getting a quadra that had been up on my local market, but now I want this!!!! applause
target_destroyed
My Quadra is an absolute workhorse in my system, use it in every patch. This looks like a fantastic evolution. Hype! It's peanut butter jelly time!
kisielk
Hovercraft wrote:
Futuresound wrote:
...I'm pretty sure I would miss EOC outputs from the expander though...

That is the beautiful thing about linking channels--you can set the second to act as an EOC output.

Yes exactly. You can set the linked channel to have zero attack and it will so basically this. There was a lot of debate during the design stage about this but we decided that the internal cross-patching and linking covers a lot of the use cases and it was more important to keep the module size down.

I will also say that personally I’ve had a ton of fun with this module, Quadra has always been one of my favorites and this one retains the same spirit and immediacy while providing even more possibilities.
exper
That makes sense, as does the Cv matrix. I almost never have CV going into every possible input on my Quadra expander, end even there, the normalized connection between the attack and decay CV gets utilized a lot.

I plan to keep my Quadra and expander. But this will be replacing my Stages. Haven’t really locked into using that as much as I wanted to. This seems much more immediate. Can’t wait.
gentle_attack
Shame it doesn't have EOR and EOC trig generators.

The linking sounds cool, but I find the end of stage triggers to be invaluable when creating more complicated events.
cackland
gentle_attack wrote:
Shame it doesn't have EOR and EOC trig generators.

The linking sounds cool, but I find the end of stage triggers to be invaluable when creating more complicated events.

Even more reason to add this to what you've already got wink
damase
module looks really nicely thought out. i think the idea behind using the linking for the eoc output is a clever way to keep the hp down while maintaining other important features. I take it the entire thing is digital now, as opposed to Quadra. Really hope it maintains the same feel for envelope timing and sound, like others here Quadra has been my favorite envelopes thus far

intellijel wrote:

any way this behavior can be optional? i tend to prefer the reset type of syncing for finding odd timings within, although synced is definitely useful as well as an option.

Quote:

thank you
closedLoop
Neo wrote:
No need to DIY a 2hp Quadra expander

Please explain to me how this is possible. My expander eats up so much of my case.
Trebbers
closedLoop wrote:
Neo wrote:
No need to DIY a 2hp Quadra expander

Please explain to me how this is possible. My expander eats up so much of my case.

https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=131357
psicomagia
intellijel wrote:

omg I was about to pull a trigger on a Quad VCA + a Quadra. Would you guys be able to give any release info/dates by now? I'll definitely get the Quadrax. w00t
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next [all]
Page 1 of 5