MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Sound On Sound Options - any suggestions?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Guitars, Basses, Amps & FX  
Author Sound On Sound Options - any suggestions?
smetak
Yesterday, I was fooling around with my TimeLine and much to my dismay, the tape machine features only one head - so, no "sound-on-sound" for me.

Yes, there's the famous El Cap option that does this wonderfully. but kind of mulling over it - the box is not cheap and around my part of town, due to sky-high taxation and customs, it is insanely expensive.

Any alternatives? Stomps or otherwise? Could be a module/Euro format.
anarchy4bits
very big, but work well as "sos" lopper is the TC DITTO X4. there are little dip switches on the back for different looping modes. sos is one of them. also good tape based effects o. board. compared to the el cap, its cleaner.
the new strymon volante has also sos.
Navs
^yes, there are plenty of looper options, maybe widen your search to that?

I have the Electro Harmonix Stereo Memory Man with Hazarai, but there are newer pedals from them.
smetak
anarchy4bits wrote:
very big, but work well as "sos" lopper is the TC DITTO X4. there are little dip switches on the back for different looping modes. sos is one of them. also good tape based effects o. board. compared to the el cap, its cleaner.
the new strymon volante has also sos.

Yeah, you're right - the Ditto! Of course! Totally fogot about it!
rupa
eventide rose is good for this. up to 50 seconds of delay (tho pretty lo-fi by then), you can tap tempo out to about 15 seconds, trails mode for playing over/punching into aging loops, as well as infinite hold.

From what I can tell it's got most if not all of the features people have been looking for in a 16 second delay reissue, and has as much of a PCM-42 as they could cram in there.

In euro, well, the rose is basically a pedal version of the DDL, and 4ms DLD is pretty much exactly what you're looking for, and 2 channels to boot
smetak
Woe!

https://www.eventideaudio.com/products/stompboxes/delay/rose

Nice - didn't know this one!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Guitars, Basses, Amps & FX  
Page 1 of 1