MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

instrument designer
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author instrument designer
divisionbyzero
i've been working on this for a while and i'm close to releasing it. it's a software adaptation of the 700. more info here

deltaphoenix
This is awesome! SlayerBadger!

I have been aware of this and the other day saw that this will be released on iOS. This will be an instant buy for me.
rkilman
Wow, awesome! Quite the project, looking forward to when it is available! Nice timing too with the release of the Sensel Morph Buchla Thunder. The two should make an incredible pairing.
jsheaucsb
Incredible! Can't wait to try it
Be Sandy?
That looks great.

What control options are there for the various parameters - midi, OSC?
vytis
Thank you so much for designing this reincarnation of the 700! Really looking forward to it.
vanadl138
greatly looking forward to this, not just to play with but to actually hear what a buchla 700 would sound like!
divisionbyzero
Be Sandy? wrote:
That looks great.

What control options are there for the various parameters - midi, OSC?

so this gets complicated. short answer - the global controllers at the bottom of the screen are automatable by whatever host you run the plugin inside of. this is analogous to the 700's controller which only provides immediate (ie, performance) access to these params.

also, each envelope has multiple "sources" (one for each point and one global one) - each of these can include external midi inputs:

currently this (somewhat limited) list comes straight from the original 700 specs.

in a future iteration i'd like to expand this to arbitrary cc messages (and to support more parameters as host controllable). i hadn't really thought about osc control but i suppose that would be cool too.
knobs.
fantastic, thanks for creating this. looking forward to get a feeling of the 700.

cheers
knobs.
rkilman
But why isn’t it called the 700 divided by zero?
Reed
Beautiful.
vgermuse
Wow!! Awesome! SlayerBadger!
Peake
Oh My....
ArguZ
Fantabiolous !
I think i need to rekindle the ideal of making an iPad cradle for 4U so it can live with the others in one ecospace
MechaSeb
Amazing ! Will dust off the iPad mini.
(hopefully it would be compatible with old devices).

After that, can you please release the Buchla 800 ?
hihi w00t
Knarzwaltz
This is great It's peanut butter jelly time! and with cc expanded it maybe a great companion to the sensel thunder.....
The Junglechrist
Very curious to try this out ! Keen on beta testing the thing ;-)
Veeken
Yep ! Gimme gimme gimme !
musicaespressiva
welcome back divisionbyzero
rayce
This looks amazing. Really interested in exploring it!

How close do you think it is tonally to the original? Of course this question is barely relevant since outside of a few videos I've never heard the original but still curious.

Any video or audio of your version in early form we could see?

Pretty exciting to see someone take the theory behind the original and making an app for it.
Minimoog56
I am in Jon. Can’t wait to try her out.
Be Sandy?
divisionbyzero wrote:
in a future iteration i'd like to expand this to arbitrary cc messages (and to support more parameters as host controllable). i hadn't really thought about osc control but i suppose that would be cool too.

Thanks for the explanation.

Your future plans sound interesting. CC messages would be cool although I'm mainly thinking about my Synderphonics Manta which I usually use via OSC. I think it would make a good controller for this.
pines
Can't wait to play with this. I've always been curious about the 700, but never got the chance to see one, live or dead.
tIB
May I be the first to ask for MPE consideration! Great job!
divisionbyzero
tIB wrote:
May I be the first to ask for MPE consideration! Great job!

mpe support is already there:

you can configure each group separately so group 1 can receive on channel 1, group 2 on channel 2, etc or have them all receive mpe but setup keyboard splits. there are some other modes i'm adding here too but they may not be done before the initial launch.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2