MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Planning my first live rig - thoughts appreciated!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Play Out! Performance Modulars  
Author Planning my first live rig - thoughts appreciated!
wminor
Hey friends.

Have been wiggling on Eurorack systems for years, but always in a studio setting, mostly doing what I would call sound design type work, as well as the occasional generative composition.

This year I'm planning to get in to live performance. Have been planning out my rig here. It looks like this:

I have various bits of non modular gear that I might use for additional sequencing, but it's important to me that I can also play at least some stuff on the 6U rig alone.

One thing I'm pretty sure about is that there aren't quite enough "playable" modulation sources in there at the moment. I feel like I need some more envelopes that I can mess with live.

I have a bunch of ways to mult signals (e.g. stackcables) that don't take up any hp, so will be relying on those a lot.

I'm also planning to swap out the Clouds and the DPLR for a Qu-Bit Prism and Erica Dual FX combo once I've sold some other modules, which I think will give me some more versatile options effects wise.

I'm hoping to play a mixture of more ambient stuff along with some kinda noisy and stuttery not-quite-techno type beats.

What do you think? What am I missing? Does this feel balanced to you?

nanners
authorless
I like hands on controllers. I recently got a Doepfer ribbon controller. Are you patching live or going to the show pre-patched?
Navs
The question is, does it feel balanced to you? wink

That case would overwhelm me, but maybe you know your way around it. Can you get something interesting out of it at home that you could do live?

My most used controller is the volume knob or attenuators. You've got plenty of those thumbs up
wminor
authorless wrote:
Are you patching live or going to the show pre-patched?

I'm expecting to pre-patch, and then perhaps do some minor re-patching as I move through different parts of a performance.

Between the Hermod and the Assimil8or, I can store a bunch or sequences and different sample kits that I can switch between easily. My hope is that this provides the backbone of a number of different pieces that I can move through without having to move many patch cables around.

Navs wrote:
The question is, does it feel balanced to you?

I don't know yet. I'm away from my studio this week and so have been planning this all out on modular grid, thinking through how I intend to patch it and how it might work together. I should have it all assembled in the next week or two, at which point I'll actually be able to try it out!
Virusinstaller
I think it looks pretty cool. It all depends on how the pilot flies the plane.
Nice addition of assimil8or. That will more than carry the load, then you can focus on a couple of other modules and noodle around with them.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Play Out! Performance Modulars  
Page 1 of 1