MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

BUILD THREAD: 18-channel vocoder
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY  
Author BUILD THREAD: 18-channel vocoder
glubsch
Here are the links to the three important documents: The spreadsheet is helpful for procurement purposes as it uses corresponding color coding in the left-most column on sheet "Consolidated BOM". Note that this spreadsheet was composed with Excel. I don't know if it is properly handled by spreadsheet alternatives such as OfficeCalc.

Note: the bundle I am offering is not the whole kit. You will still have to order parts from your trusted distributor. There are three Mouser projects available:
derpinguin
The parts arrived yesterday. So far I can say glubsch did a terific job. Now I have to get all the needed electronic parts and start building. nanners
synthcube
anxiously awaiting smile
julian
Can I advise people, early on, to use the LEDs specified in the build docs, and not just what you may have in your draw.

The reason for this is that the front panels have been cut to accommodate the specified LEDs, with minimal clearence.

Each and every front panel has been test fitted with the specified LEDs, for confirmation, but, if you use larger diameter units, they may not fit.

2nd -

The assembly template supplied with the kit does not have a recess in the rear for the LEDs.

If you want to be perfect with the build, I would suggest packing out the pots with a couple of washers when using the assembly template, so as the LEDs are offset against their final position on the actual front panel.

What this will do is create a bit of tension when the final job is assembled, so as to press the LEDs fully home into the final front panel.

We are only talking 0.5mm so it's no big deal, but just for the perfectionists! : )

If the above sounds confusing, read it again when you're using the template and it will make more sense then!
pinewave
julian wrote:
Can I advise people, early on, to use the LEDs specified in the build docs, and not just what you may have in your draw.

The reason for this is that the front panels have been cut to accommodate the specified LEDs, with minimal clearence.

Each and every front panel has been test fitted with the specified LEDs, for confirmation, but, if you use larger diameter units, they may not fit.

2nd -

The assembly template supplied with the kit does not have a recess in the rear for the LEDs.

If you want to be perfect with the build, I would suggest packing out the pots with a couple of washers when using the assembly template, so as the LEDs are offset against their final position on the actual front panel.

What this will do is create a bit of tension when the final job is assembled, so as to press the LEDs fully home into the final front panel.

We are only talking 0.5mm so it's no big deal, but just for the perfectionists! : )

If the above sounds confusing, read it again when you're using the template and it will make more sense then!

Thanks for the warning Julian! smile
derpinguin
Thank you. When are the panels to be expected?
derpinguin
Any update on the front panels?
julian
I'm sorry, the panels are my delay, not Stephen's.

There's no issue. I've just been ill, and now have to be away a couple of days. The metal work is all cut and ready for print - I've just not actually printed it yet.
derpinguin
Great news. Thank you Julian
tkatona
What about the front panel?
derpinguin
Yep, still waiting on those.
derpinguin
Any update on the front panels?
Wigoz
Any new updates on this? By the way, awesome work
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY  
Page 1 of 1