MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Buzzzy! a new little digital synth with big sound.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author Buzzzy! a new little digital synth with big sound.
bda65
Hi all

I've discovered on the french musician community audiofanzine.com a new synth.
The kickstarter crowdfunding campaign started today.

Buzzzy! is a 16 voice / 4 part digital USB & MIDI module with 4 synthesis engines and quality built-in effects.

Buzzzy! on Kickstarter

The demos are very pleasant to hear smile
ggillon
Mandatory sound demo:

Lots of sounds in such a small and affordable box!
MoonPoly
Mattson Mini Modular WTf Mattson Mini Modular
applause applause applause applause applause applause

So this us one of the best poly synth I've ever hear ..

Have no idea why the synth world isn't going crazy over this,.. is it the size?

Support this guy ..
Branko
This is super rad.
ggillon
MoonPoly wrote:

Have no idea why the synth world isn't going crazy over this,.. is it the size?

I'm guessing the lack of public exposure and the fact it's still a kickstarter.
Reality Checkpoint
It does sound very good. Actually quite interested, going to the KS page now......
ggillon
I just realized that this synth is 4 simultaneous parts/tracks. You can make a full song with just this! This is crazy, instant pledge for me
Gaetan
This sounds surprisingly good.
BugBrand
Got a good recommendation from Emilie Mutable (who knows her shit inside-out hardware and software-wise!):::

marzacdev
Hi everyone,

I am Fred, the dev. behind the Buzzzy!

Thank you very much for the all the positive comments, the Kickstarter is doing great right now but has mentioned here, few people have heard of my work and I am looking to reach as many potential users as I can.

Fortunately, more demos will come soon and I stay here available to answer all of your questions about this little module.

Have a great day!
Fred.
ggillon
BugBrand wrote:
Got a good recommendation from Emilie Mutable (who knows her shit inside-out hardware and software-wise!):::

The user manual implies they know each other and Emilie gave feedback and help during the development of this synth which is very encouraging
ggillon
marzacdev wrote:
Hi everyone,

Thank you very much for the all the positive comments, the Kickstarter is doing great right now but has mentioned here, few people have heard of my work and I am looking to reach as many potential users as I can.

Fortunately, more demos will come soon and I stay here available to answer all of your questions about this little module.

Have a great day!
Fred.

Someone with an account on Gearslutz should post there if not done already!
ggillon
My only issue with this is that I don't have a hardware sequencer that can handle 4 polyphonic midi tracks, and I don't want to have to use ableton or buy a polyend.

But this is so cool I'll have to make an exception I guess
Panason
ggillon wrote:
My only issue with this is that I don't have a hardware sequencer that can handle 4 polyphonic midi tracks, and I don't want to have to use ableton or buy a polyend.

There are better options than Ableton and (especially) Polyend...
ggillon
Panason wrote:
ggillon wrote:

There are better options than Ableton and (especially) Polyend...

I'm open to suggestions smile

edit: social entropy engine might work too. And the crazy 8 too. And older sequencers too I guess. Well I have more options than I first thought smile
starthief
I didn't really give the video enough time to get past basic pulse stuff when I first saw this, but it does sound pretty great. thumbs up
mcpepe
marzacdev wrote:
Hi everyone,

Have a great day!
Fred.

Are other simple engines planned for the future?
Karplus strong, granular,...

Thanks. The module sounds great!
DiscoDevil
ggillon wrote:

But this is so cool I'll have to make an exception I guess

Zaquencer.
MATSmile
marzacdev wrote:
Hi everyone,

Have a great day!
Fred.

Hello Fred!
I would like to use this as a sound module for OP-Z. Do you think it will work with a simple USB C to USB B cable. I'm not sure if OP-Z will power Buzzzzy. If not is there a chance for a USB Host input?
Thank you !
lisa
Sounds great. Simple and beautiful. I can’t take any more clutter though and these small boxes tend to pile up in my home. meh
marzacdev
Hi again ;-)

Quote:
Are other simple engines planned for the future?

Not for this precise machine but I am planning to design other modules if this one happens to be successful enough.

Quote:
Do you think it will work with a simple USB C to USB B cable

According to the teenage engineering website, the OP-Z has the USB host ability so it should theoretically work. Also the Buzzzy! has a VERY LOW power consumption (75mA is the absolute maximum) so it can surely be powered from the op-z.

There is no USB Host function planned for this machine.

Quote:
I can’t take any more clutter though

Just sell some stuff! ;-)

Have a great weekend!
Funky40
lisa wrote:
....... and these small boxes tend to pile up in my home. meh

hehe, in my one not wink

this buzzy could become the first one of these small gadget synths that will see my home wink
.....i see it sequenzed by the Digitakt cool
lisa
marzacdev wrote:
Just sell some stuff! ;-)

Hehe, well. I already did and I'm not going back the hoarding of past. smile
marzacdev
And this is the review from loopop:

Branko
Will there be more arpeggiator patterns? Either way, backed!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2