MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

vowel filter problem
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Expert Sleepers  
Author vowel filter problem
jwm
hey os, i'm getting a ton of digital noise on the outputs of the dual vowel algo (running 4.10.2) with input signal(s) muted/silenced via vca (and really, some when its not silenced)

seems unlikely, but is that to be expected?
os
It's not, no. Is it related to movement/position of Z at all?
jwm
Z doesn't seem to alter it really. i attached a short recording below (might help to listen with headphones...

triangle > attenuator > X in on disting, A out > output. i start by changing the vowels manually on S with a silenced signal at the input (you can really hear it on setting 4) and then i slowly turn up the signal...it sounds like its breaking up or is a dirty pot, but its not. then i cycle through them again with the triangle wave and end on setting 4.

other potential debug things of note: using an intellijel power supply / i don't get this noise anywhere else in my signal chains (or even in other algos on the disting) / i've tried the disting alone in another smaller intelijell case, same issue / this is with the gain setting at 0, other settings reduce it slightly, but its still noticeable

let me know what you think, if anything?
os
I just posted 4.10.3 to fix this. Could you pease try it?
jwm
raaaad, yeah i'll scope this when i can (on the road for the rest of the week)

thanks!
w00t
jwm
got this loaded up, seems to have done the trick! thank you sir!
os
w00t
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Expert Sleepers  
Page 1 of 1