MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Superlative SB-1 - SH-101 Style Rechargable Synth
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Author Superlative SB-1 - SH-101 Style Rechargable Synth
anselmi
Replica 3340 voltage controlled oscillator and classic 4-pole OTA VCF with discrete envelope--
It’s exactly what you think it is.

USB, MIDI, and CV/gate input and output allow for simple musical interfacing with other synthesizers and modular gear.

The SB-1 utilizes a newly-developed full-size keyboard based on tactile rubber dome switches for a fast and responsive feel.

A precision engineered chassis enables a new form factor that is thinner than one inch, yet rugged enough for everyday portability and use.

The SB-1 is the first ever analog synthesizer to incorporate a rechargeable battery, allowing all-day playability between charges.

A new dual-layer sequencer allows for synchronized control of a second instrument via CV/gate or MIDI for a dynamic synth duet

fonfroggin
hyper cant wait to hear this. im assuming no demos yet?
moogah
Damn that looks pretty...
induktor
I already have an SH-101 and this looks tempting. Damn...
rew_
Brilliant! Looks like an
Exclusive feature set that
Honestly few modern synths could compete with,
Really excited for this!
I can't be the only one.
No one has done a re-chargeable battery that's really
Great!
Everyone should take notice,
Really exciting news
Panason
K, but is the battery replaceable? If not, then booya.
JimY

Bizarre character spacing there. First rechargeable "what" synthesizer?
jonne74
I have an MC-202, SH-01A and Manther and this still looks tempting.
IR
It's cool except that it needs the MIDI squid cables.
Jason Brock
w00t
berfmurret
looks like a winner to me. now we gotta hear it.
CF3
Beautifully done. love

But as with any of these mono synths... price will be the deciding factor for me. This looks really cool, but there’s a definite limit to how much I’ll pay for a SH-101 (or its clone).

Will be watching this one for sure w00t
ym2612
This cer tainly does look like an exc ting new synthes izer.
zedius
acidbob
Batteries are Dead Banana Dead Banana Dead Banana Dont like them! Especially if they are custom and conforms to no standard.

If anything it should be able to run on those external battery pack phone chargers via. USB. Now that would be something...
calaveras
you had me at anal og
Panason
Quote:
Bizarre character spacing there.

Type is very much like that found on cheap chinese products.
BugBrand
acidbob wrote:
Batteries are Dead Banana Dead Banana Dead Banana Dont like them! Especially if they are custom and conforms to no standard.

If anything it should be able to run on those external battery pack phone chargers via. USB. Now that would be something...

I would imagine they are likely some sort of fairly standard (maybe Li-ion - though shipping those is a ball ache) so I don't see the problem - probably long life before replacement needed and then imagine that'd be not impossible.

And looks like it will have usb so perfectly possible to use an external usb pack too surely?
xonetacular
that kerning d'oh!
xonetacular

sounds and looks great. hope the price is decent. like the design much more than the ugly ms101
de_raaf
Colour kind reminds me of my first synth the siel mono
Mr. Aloud
101 is the new 303 it seems, everybody and his granny are building one. I like that, lots of options to choose from.
tioJim
It's a lot prettier than the Mehringer
dang_motu
Sounds spot on. Personally, not crazy on the look, but that wouldn't stop me from using it all of the time.
mush
I wonder how the feel is of those rubbery/silicon looking keys? Looks horrible to play, but I can't be sure from pictures and poor video...
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Page 1 of 3