MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

you've got 16 channels, how do you allocate them?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Play Out! Performance Modulars  
Author you've got 16 channels, how do you allocate them?
pixelforest
I'm reworking a lot about my live rig and giving serious thought to this. In my particular case my limiting factor is a mixer with 16 channels.

my debate is how many different percussion bits to run with and how many different voices. in the past i've essentially run with two full sets of kick/clap/oh/ch and a couple non-drum percussion things, so the split is 10-6 or 12-4 percussion to voices. i'm doing dance music so it's nice to be able to jump between two different drum kits, but listening back on some of my shows I start to feel like maybe I want to instead have a wider variety of voices at my disposal especially to get more polyphonic stuff happening / have space for more pads and samples.

how do you divide up yours?
Virusinstaller
Thought about using switches before your mixer? This way you could have 2 sounds into one channel but only using one, when it is done flick the switch to the other voice.
You could then have 32 or even 48 voice options with a three position switch.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Play Out! Performance Modulars  
Page 1 of 1