MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Korg MS10 / Presonus firebox / Trigger problems
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Expert Sleepers  
Author Korg MS10 / Presonus firebox / Trigger problems
grnr
Hi all,

I've been messing with the Silent Way demo today and have managed to get pitch working fine with my MS10, but no joy with the trigger. Here's the setup:

Voice controller > AC Encoder (L and R enabled)) > outputs 3/4 of Presonus Firebox

Output 3 > Voltage doubler cable (2x1N4148, 2x0.47uF caps) > FREQ in on MS10

Output 4 > Simpler ACDC cable (1x1N4148, 1x.1uF cap) > TRIGGER IN on MS10

I've inverted the gate voltages in voice controller, but still seem to be having no joy getting it to trigger. Am I using the right cable for the trigger? Or is there something else I'm missing?

cheers,
gav
os
You'll want to set the AC Encoder on the trigger channel to Unipolar - is that it?
ben jah men
how is the firebox getting along with silent way? are you using the ES-1?

I've got a firestudio project that I like.. but I'm really wanting a portable interface....... (also I don't have silent way yet so can't even test on my presonus interface)

thanks
os
ben jah men wrote:
also I don't have silent way yet so can't even test on my presonus interface

Why not download the demo?
ben jah men
I will.. but I meant the ES-1.. and a modular lol

my modules should be here friday (I hope) twisted

and then I'll be fiending for the ES-1!!!!!!!!!!
grnr
so...

i went out and bought myself a voltmeter to get to the bottom of this!

i've managed to get the trigger voltage *almost* right, but not quite. the output from the ms10's trigger output is 0V to just over 5V - using a combination of scaling and offset in silent way i can get 0.01-5V. do you think the 0.01V is the problem? any ideas on how i can get a true 0V output?

cheers,
g
os
I think this applies to the MS10:

http://www.doepfer.de/faq/gen_faq.htm#S-Trig
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Expert Sleepers  
Page 1 of 1