MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

For those who love Behringer!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Guitars, Basses, Amps & FX  
Author For those who love Behringer!
smetak
Having been a proud member of this forum for a good many years now, I'm well aware of the deep love all here have for Uli and his brilliant venture - a company with exceptional products, great work ethics and all-around wholesome attitude!

So, considering this, caught this recent posting from Josh Scott (who else, eh?) praising such grand endeavor:



Seriously, what gives? Having a hard time to, eh?, "read" this.
Funch
Only made it through 15 seconds of that advertising video. Did that guy finally stop talking? Or was music finally attempted with those products.

Got to admit, they did a good job reproducing Bob Moog's design work on the Model D as far as sound quality goes.
smetak
Only 15 seconds of the intro?

It only gets better from there......amazing appraisal for the infamous deutsch-china brand, which really seems very strange, considering what Josh Scott does for a living (imagine if Behringer decided to clone his crap and selling it for a tenth of the price?) and especially his association with Boss (if not mistaken, Roland did file various lawsuits against Behringer due to copyright and intellectual property).

Until recently, thought the Devi Ever x JHS thing was just lame internet conspiracy, but after watching this, had to guess again.
MindMachine
Why do we need oxygen masks? What did he reveal?

JHS trying to say since Behringer clones they can too?

I am not comprehending.
Funch
smetak wrote:
Only 15 seconds of the intro?

It only gets better from there......amazing appraisal for the infamous deutsch-china brand, which really seems very strange, considering what Josh Scott does for a living (imagine if Behringer decided to clone his crap and selling it for a tenth of the price?) and especially his association with Boss (if not mistaken, Roland did file various lawsuits against Behringer due to copyright and intellectual property).

Until recently, thought the Devi Ever x JHS thing was just lame internet conspiracy, but after watching this, had to guess again.
I have rule with music related youtube video. If something musical doesn't happen within the first 15 seconds, off it goes.

I did watch a little more of this, but nothing happened, so off it went.
smetak
What hits me is the blatant propaganda, which seems to make no sense at all. Why on earth is this guy going off on "Get this pedal now!" from a company with a very questionable history.

As said, JHS has an association with Boss - which had a hard time with Behringer. Yet, still, this is all swept under the rug by Josh Scott, serving as a poster boy for Behringer.

Weird......
Neoconkers
I’ve watched the whole video and all I saw was a knowledgeable guy compare some behringer pedals with pedals they copy and point out were they differ from the original. That seemed to be what he was aiming to do and nothing more.
Idunno
I got as far as 5.37 before I could take no more.

I've only had experience with one Behringer product, the 19" rack Dualfex Pro Enhancer / Exciter. It was cheap to buy and ok to use, but I didn't use it a great deal 'cos in the end it never really sounded good to my perfectionist ears. YMMV.
smetak
Neoconkers wrote:
I’ve watched the whole video and all I saw was a knowledgeable guy compare some behringer pedals with pedals they copy and point out were they differ from the original. That seemed to be what he was aiming to do and nothing more.


I may have gotten this wrong, but, for me, this is clearly a promo piece for Behringer (caught the comparison with the Boss Hyperfuzz - I think the message is quite clear).

And if so, I find it odd, very odd - yes, Josh Scott knows the trade inside out, which makes it even stranger - I mean, come on! Behringer's questionable past is quite well-known to all and someone like him, who spearheads a popular boutique pedal company, is praising it? Explicitly telling you to go out and buy their stuff?!?! Especially comparing it to Boss (of all brands: https://www.seymourduncan.com/forum/showthread.php?31439-Behringer-sue d-for-cloning-Boss-pedals)!!!!
Neoconkers
smetak wrote:
Neoconkers wrote:
I’ve watched the whole video and all I saw was a knowledgeable guy compare some behringer pedals with pedals they copy and point out were they differ from the original. That seemed to be what he was aiming to do and nothing more.


I may have gotten this wrong, but, for me, this is clearly a promo piece for Behringer (caught the comparison with the Boss Hyperfuzz - I think the message is quite clear).

And if so, I find it odd, very odd - yes, Josh Scott knows the trade inside out, which makes it even stranger - I mean, come on! Behringer's questionable past is quite well-known to all and someone like him, who spearheads a popular boutique pedal company, is praising it? Explicitly telling you to go out and buy their stuff?!?! Especially comparing it to Boss (of all brands: https://www.seymourduncan.com/forum/showthread.php?31439-Behringer-sue d-for-cloning-Boss-pedals)!!!!


I Think he’s just a pedal builder talking about pedals

sduck
I think he's just a pedal collector who designs pedals on the side to support his habit. And who has discovered youtube as another means to support his habit, and will make long videos about whatever pedal related topic that pops into his head. And his subscription base is growing, it's working! i've been a subscriber for a while, he's all over the place with his opinions. I didn't seen any pro-B leaning in that video; mostly just the opposite if anything.
Funch
Do self promotion then as a way to earn money and maybe sell a few pedals? If so, its an ad.
sduck
I don't get it. You only watched 15 seconds of it (and a "little more"?). You don't actually have enough data to base that claim on. Watch the whole thing, count how many times he mentions his own pedals. Besides his stock title sequence that is. He's not pushing Behringer, nor does he work for them. He's just doing a comparison of B pedals against the things they're copied from (which are never his pedals). Perhaps you're basing your opinion on misreading the sarcasm of the OP? Or just being a edgelord? Why you mad bro?
smetak
sduck wrote:
I don't get it. You only watched 15 seconds of it (and a "little more"?). You don't actually have enough data to base that claim on. Watch the whole thing, count how many times he mentions his own pedals. Besides his stock title sequence that is. He's not pushing Behringer, nor does he work for them. He's just doing a comparison of B pedals against the things they're copied from (which are never his pedals). Perhaps you're basing your opinion on misreading the sarcasm of the OP? Or just being a edgelord? Why you mad bro?


Oh come on now, mate!

There's more here than meets the eye!

Yes, I watch him quite a bit and, yes, the guy knows his trade inside out.

Considering this, I don't believe he's just an "innocent bystander" showing his pedal collection.....

I've never owned anything by JHS - actually, didn't even know anything about them until, right here, on Muff (in some long, lost thread), a couple of years ago, there were a few very angry lines on them - found more info on Reddit about how JHS ripped off Devi Ever and some talk about Josh being into some sort of bizarre religious cult.

Yes, might be some lame internet talk, an envious bastard dissing the guy, and I was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt, but, really, though I do enjoy some of his clips, a few of them seem a bit off. And can't get my head around this one on Behringer - I find it very odd to say the least. And it doesn't seem he's just showing some cheap pedals....

Again, the man knows very well what he's doing, very savvy, and not a word on what is quite a controversial brand?!? Yeah, right.....
Neoconkers
Is Brian Wampler also in on it ?

Idunno
I didn't know that JHS allegedly ripped off Devi Ever, but I've read that they allegedly ripped off the R.O.G Supreaux Deux to make their Superbolt pedal.
Funch
sduck wrote:
I don't get it. You only watched 15 seconds of it (and a "little more"?). You don't actually have enough data to base that claim on. Watch the whole thing, count how many times he mentions his own pedals. Besides his stock title sequence that is. He's not pushing Behringer, nor does he work for them. He's just doing a comparison of B pedals against the things they're copied from (which are never his pedals). Perhaps you're basing your opinion on misreading the sarcasm of the OP? Or just being a edgelord? Why you mad bro?
my conclusion that this youtube video is an ad is based upon the structure of YouTube being a platform for some folks who's desire is to become a YouTube star.

He's advertising himself and using the controversy surrounding Behringer as clickbait and using a image of Jerry Seinfeld in his ad, most likely an unauthorized use of that image to generate views, ie money. That took roughly 15 seconds to form that opinion. I watched a little more because I thought I may have missed something from reading some of the other comments. Turns out I didn't miss anything.

That Jerry Seinfeld banner fooled me as I thought Jerry Seinfeld was going to speak.

Had to lookup "edgelord" and don't think that would be an accurate description. Outlier may be more accurate.

What me mad? Why would you draw such a conclusion?

I do find talking head gear videos to be quite boring (" not that there's anything wrong with that") as I don't listen to Gear Performance with my eyes or opinions. I listen to gear with my ears.

As Frank Zappa would say "shut up and play your guitar".
sduck
Funch wrote:

What me mad? Why would you draw such a conclusion?


this:
Funch wrote:

I do find talking head gear videos to be quite boring (" not that there's anything wrong with that") as I don't listen to Gear Performance with my eyes or opinions. I listen to gear with my ears.

As Frank Zappa would say "shut up and play your guitar".


You obviously didn't watch the video. There's a ton of playing in it.

Basically, you've formed this elaborate and condemning opinion on this little video without doing your homework. It's like writing a book report based on the cover. Having actually watched it, I don't see it as any kind of ad at all - he's actually bemoaning the fact that these little plastic boxed copycats are in the market, and the playing demonstrates that while they get some things copied fairly well, it's not always the case. And that you get what you pay for.

smetak wrote:

Oh come on now, mate!

There's more here than meets the eye!


Maybe there is. Maybe I'm completely wrong, and Josh really is an agent of satan. I also subscribe to Devi Ever, and I believe her take on that whole thing is that it was terribly overblown. And I have no idea about the religious cult thing - does that even mean anything? It just seems to me that too much is being read into this little video by some folks who are easily triggered by the B word.
Funch
sduck wrote:
Funch wrote:

What me mad? Why would you draw such a conclusion?


this:
Funch wrote:

I do find talking head gear videos to be quite boring (" not that there's anything wrong with that") as I don't listen to Gear Performance with my eyes or opinions. I listen to gear with my ears.

As Frank Zappa would say "shut up and play your guitar".


You obviously didn't watch the video. There's a ton of playing in it.

Basically, you've formed this elaborate and condemning opinion on this little video without doing your homework. It's like writing a book report based on the cover. Having actually watched it, I don't see it as any kind of ad at all - he's actually bemoaning the fact that these little plastic boxed copycats are in the market, and the playing demonstrates that while they get some things copied fairly well, it's not always the case. And that you get what you pay for.

smetak wrote:

Oh come on now, mate!

There's more here than meets the eye!


Maybe there is. Maybe I'm completely wrong, and Josh really is an agent of satan. I also subscribe to Devi Ever, and I believe her take on that whole thing is that it was terribly overblown. And I have no idea about the religious cult thing - does that even mean anything? It just seems to me that too much is being read into this little video by some folks who are easily triggered by the B word.
so I take it no Jerry Seinfeld in the video? Jerry was on the cover, think I got that part correct or did I need to watch more than 15 seconds and a bit more to form that opinion?

"Basically, you've formed this elaborate and condemning opinion" on some of the opinions offered here. Ok now I'm really mad. very frustrating angry

But not really. hihi
sduck
my choice of words is sometimes kind of ummm bad.

and while I own no behringer gear, I do own 2 JHS pedals (and about 52,987 non-JHS ones) and really like the bonsai - that one hasn't left my board since i got it.
Funch
sduck wrote:
my choice of words is sometimes kind of ummm bad.

and while I own no behringer gear, I do own 2 JHS pedals (and about 52,987 non-JHS ones) and really like the bonsai - that one hasn't left my board since i got it.
no worries bro. thumbs up
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Guitars, Basses, Amps & FX  
Page 1 of 1
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group