MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Ion Piano Apprentice as MIDI/CV Keyboard? (iOS-related newb)
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY  
Author Ion Piano Apprentice as MIDI/CV Keyboard? (iOS-related newb)
JCHaywire
I recently acquired a 25-mini-key "Ion Piano Apprentice" iOS device. Googling indicates that this 4USD thrift store find makes for a functional keyboard controller for a whole host of iOS apps. However, the iPads I have on hand are a 1st Generation A1219 running 5.1.1 and an A1458 running 10.3.3. The former uses the 30-pin Dock Connector, which the Ion Keyboard requires--but the App Store informs me that Ion Piano Apprentice requires OS 8 or higher.
The A1458's (4th Gen) Lightning Connector won't play with the 30-pin connector on the Ion Keyboard.
Is there an adapter that would allow me to use one of these two iPads? I'm sure I could scrounge up a newer device (Compatible with-iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPod Touch, 3rd gen iPod Touch, 4th gen iPad 1, iPad 2)--but if it's possible to use my existing hardware that would be great.
Ideas? I'm no stranger to hardware mods, so if you know of some solution, let me know!
Thank you,
JCHaywire
notnews
edit: nevermind, I misspoke. Will update if I come across something.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY  
Page 1 of 1